Moon Light World Map
The map below shows where the Moon is visible from the Earth, depending on weather conditions and moon phases.
UTC time = Friday, January 4, 2013 at 2:18:00 PM.
= The Sun's position directly overhead (zenith) in relation to an observer.
= The Moon's position at its zenith in relation to an observer (Moon phase is not shown).
Fraction of moon illuminated: 56%
|Previous phase||Full Moon||Friday, December 28, 2012 at 10:23 AM|
|Next phase||Third Quarter||Saturday, January 5, 2013 at 3:59 AM|
Position of the Moon
On Friday, January 4, 2013 at 14:18:00 UTC the Moon is at its zenith at
The ground speed of the movement is currently 446.04 meters/second, 1605.8 km/hour, 997.8 miles/hour or 867.0 knots. The table below shows the Moon position compared to the time and date above:
|Time||Longitude difference||Latitude difference||Total|
|1 minute||0° 14' 30.7"||16.63 mi||West||0° 00' 11.3"||0.22 mi||South||16.63 mi|
|1 hour||14° 30' 43.5"||997.62 mi||West||0° 11' 24.4"||13.06 mi||South||997.52 mi|
|24 hours||11° 59' 58.1"||824.90 mi||East||4° 25' 35.2"||304.20 mi||South||875.10 mi|
Locations with the moon near zenith
The following table shows 10 locations with moon near zenith position in the sky.
|Taiohae||Fri 4:48 AM||705 km||438 miles||381 nm||WSW|
|Adamstown||Fri 6:18 AM||2104 km||1307 miles||1136 nm||S|
|Papeete||Fri 4:18 AM||2124 km||1320 miles||1147 nm||SW|
|Kiritimati||Sat 4:18 AM||2783 km||1729 miles||1502 nm||WNW|
|Rarotonga||Fri 4:18 AM||3257 km||2024 miles||1759 nm||WSW|
|Easter Island *||Fri 9:18 AM||3448 km||2143 miles||1862 nm||SE|
|Honolulu||Fri 4:18 AM||4044 km||2513 miles||2184 nm||NW|
|Fakaofo||Sat 3:18 AM||4153 km||2581 miles||2243 nm||W|
|Alofi||Fri 3:18 AM||4167 km||2589 miles||2250 nm||WSW|
|Apia *||Sat 4:18 AM||4251 km||2641 miles||2295 nm||WSW|
- Seasons Calculator
- Moon Calculator – Find times for moonrise, moonset and more
- Moon Phase Calculator – Calculate moon phases for any year
- Sunrise Calculator – Find times for sunrise, sunset and more
Related time zone tools
- The World Clock – Current times around the world
- Personal World Clock – Shows just the cities you need
- Meeting Planner – Find a suitable time for an international meeting
- Time Zone Converter – If it is 3 pm in New York, what time is it in Sydney?
- Event Time Announcer/Fixed Time – Show local times worldwide for your event.