Moon Light World Map
The map below shows where the Moon is visible from the Earth, depending on weather conditions and moon phases.
UTC time = Friday, January 4, 2013 at 3:58:00 PM.
= The Sun's position directly overhead (zenith) in relation to an observer.
= The Moon's position at its zenith in relation to an observer (Moon phase is not shown).
Fraction of moon illuminated: 56%
|Previous phase||Full Moon||Friday, December 28, 2012 at 10:23 AM|
|Next phase||Third Quarter||Saturday, January 5, 2013 at 3:59 AM|
Position of the Moon
On Friday, January 4, 2013 at 15:58:00 UTC the Moon is at its zenith at
The ground speed of the movement is currently 445.72 meters/second, 1604.6 km/hour, 997.0 miles/hour or 866.4 knots. The table below shows the Moon position compared to the time and date above:
|Time||Longitude difference||Latitude difference||Total|
|1 minute||0° 14' 30.6"||16.62 mi||West||0° 00' 11.3"||0.22 mi||South||16.62 mi|
|1 hour||14° 30' 37.9"||996.88 mi||West||0° 11' 22.2"||13.02 mi||South||996.77 mi|
|24 hours||12° 02' 38.1"||827.44 mi||East||4° 24' 11.6"||302.61 mi||South||876.77 mi|
Locations with the moon near zenith
The following table shows 10 locations with moon near zenith position in the sky.
|Kiritimati||Sat 5:58 AM||948 km||589 miles||512 nm||N|
|Papeete||Fri 5:58 AM||1501 km||933 miles||810 nm||SE|
|Fakaofo||Sat 4:58 AM||1503 km||934 miles||812 nm||WSW|
|Rarotonga||Fri 5:58 AM||1623 km||1008 miles||876 nm||S|
|Apia *||Sat 5:58 AM||1716 km||1066 miles||926 nm||WSW|
|Alofi||Fri 4:58 AM||1891 km||1175 miles||1021 nm||SW|
|Baker Island||Fri 3:58 AM||2203 km||1369 miles||1190 nm||WNW|
|Nukualofa||Sat 4:58 AM||2458 km||1528 miles||1327 nm||SW|
|Funafuti||Sat 3:58 AM||2537 km||1576 miles||1370 nm||W|
|Suva *||Sat 4:58 AM||2868 km||1782 miles||1548 nm||WSW|
- Seasons Calculator
- Moon Calculator – Find times for moonrise, moonset and more
- Moon Phase Calculator – Calculate moon phases for any year
- Sunrise Calculator – Find times for sunrise, sunset and more
Related time zone tools
- The World Clock – Current times around the world
- Personal World Clock – Shows just the cities you need
- Meeting Planner – Find a suitable time for an international meeting
- Time Zone Converter – If it is 3 pm in New York, what time is it in Sydney?
- Event Time Announcer/Fixed Time – Show local times worldwide for your event.