Moon Light World Map
The map below shows where the Moon is visible from the Earth, depending on weather conditions and moon phases.
UTC time = Friday, January 4, 2013 at 4:58:00 PM.
= The Sun's position directly overhead (zenith) in relation to an observer.
= The Moon's position at its zenith in relation to an observer (Moon phase is not shown).
Fraction of moon illuminated: 55%
|Previous phase||Full Moon||Friday, December 28, 2012 at 10:23 AM|
|Next phase||Third Quarter||Saturday, January 5, 2013 at 3:59 AM|
Position of the Moon
On Friday, January 4, 2013 at 16:58:00 UTC the Moon is at its zenith at
The ground speed of the movement is currently 445.51 meters/second, 1603.8 km/hour, 996.6 miles/hour or 866.0 knots. The table below shows the Moon position compared to the time and date above:
|Time||Longitude difference||Latitude difference||Total|
|1 minute||0° 14' 30.6"||16.61 mi||West||0° 00' 11.3"||0.22 mi||South||16.61 mi|
|1 hour||14° 30' 34.4"||996.43 mi||West||0° 11' 20.8"||13.00 mi||South||996.31 mi|
|24 hours||12° 04' 15.6"||828.97 mi||East||4° 23' 19.4"||301.62 mi||South||877.78 mi|
Locations with the moon near zenith
The following table shows 10 locations with moon near zenith position in the sky.
|Atafu||Sat 5:58 AM||185 km||115 miles||100 nm||S|
|Fakaofo||Sat 5:58 AM||304 km||189 miles||164 nm||SSE|
|Rawaki||Sat 5:58 AM||394 km||245 miles||213 nm||NNE|
|Kanton Island||Sat 5:58 AM||456 km||283 miles||246 nm||N|
|Salelologa (Savai'i) *||Sat 6:58 AM||759 km||472 miles||410 nm||S|
|Apia *||Sat 6:58 AM||772 km||480 miles||417 nm||S|
|Pago Pago||Fri 5:58 AM||838 km||521 miles||453 nm||SSE|
|Baker Island||Fri 4:58 AM||905 km||562 miles||489 nm||NNW|
|Funafuti||Sat 4:58 AM||948 km||589 miles||512 nm||WSW|
|Alofi||Fri 5:58 AM||1373 km||853 miles||741 nm||S|
- Seasons Calculator
- Moon Calculator – Find times for moonrise, moonset and more
- Moon Phase Calculator/Calendar – Calculate moon phases for any year
- Sunrise Calculator – Find times for sunrise, sunset and more
Related Time Zone Tools
- The World Clock – Current times around the world
- Personal World Clock – Shows just the cities you need
- Meeting Planner – Find a suitable time for an international meeting
- Time Zone Converter – If it is 3 pm in New York, what time is it in Sydney?
- Event Time Announcer/Fixed Time – Show local times worldwide for your event.