Moon Light World Map
The map below shows where the Moon is visible from the Earth, depending on weather conditions and moon phases.
UTC time = Friday, January 4, 2013 at 6:50:00 PM.
= The Sun's position directly overhead (zenith) in relation to an observer.
= The Moon's position at its zenith in relation to an observer (Moon phase is not shown).
Fraction of moon illuminated: 54%
|Previous phase||Full Moon||Friday, December 28, 2012 at 10:23 AM|
|Next phase||Third Quarter||Saturday, January 5, 2013 at 3:59 AM|
Position of the Moon
On Friday, January 4, 2013 at 18:50:00 UTC the Moon is at its zenith at
The ground speed is currently 445.12 meters/second, 1602.4 kilometres/hour, 995.7 miles/hour or 865.2 nautical miles/hour (knots). The table below shows position of the the Moon compared to the time and date above:
|Time||Longitude Difference||Latitude Difference||Total|
|1 minute||0° 14' 30.4"||16.59 mi||West||0° 00' 11.2"||0.22 mi||South||16.59 mi|
|1 hour||14° 30' 27.7"||995.54 mi||West||0° 11' 18.0"||12.94 mi||South||995.42 mi|
|24 hours||12° 07' 20.6"||831.87 mi||East||4° 21' 37.4"||299.68 mi||South||879.67 mi|
Locations with the Moon near zenith
The following table shows 10 locations with moon near zenith position in the sky.
|Honiara||Sat 5:50 AM||252 km||157 miles||136 nm||SSW|
|Gizo||Sat 5:50 AM||420 km||261 miles||227 nm||WSW|
|Arawa||Sat 4:50 AM||561 km||349 miles||303 nm||W|
|Buka||Sat 4:50 AM||680 km||422 miles||367 nm||WNW|
|Yaren||Sat 6:50 AM||1023 km||636 miles||553 nm||NE|
|Port Vila||Sat 5:50 AM||1437 km||893 miles||776 nm||SE|
|Port Moresby||Sat 4:50 AM||1492 km||927 miles||805 nm||W|
|Palikir||Sat 5:50 AM||1587 km||986 miles||857 nm||N|
|Tarawa||Sat 6:50 AM||1682 km||1045 miles||908 nm||NE|
|Cairns||Sat 4:50 AM||1931 km||1200 miles||1042 nm||SW|
- Seasons Calculator
- Moon Calculator – Find times for moonrise, moonset and more
- Moon Phase Calculator/Calendar – Calculate moon phases for any year
- Sunrise Calculator – Find times for sunrise, sunset and more
Related Time Zone Tools
- The World Clock – Current times around the world
- Personal World Clock – Shows just the cities you need
- Meeting Planner – Find a suitable time for an international meeting
- Time Zone Converter – If it is 3 pm in New York, what time is it in Sydney?
- Event Time Announcer/Fixed Time – Show local times worldwide for your event.