Moon Light World Map
The map below shows where the Moon is visible from the Earth, depending on weather conditions and moon phases.
UTC time = Friday, January 4, 2013 at 7:58:00 PM.
= The Sun's position directly overhead (zenith) in relation to an observer.
= The Moon's position at its zenith in relation to an observer (Moon phase is not shown).
Fraction of moon illuminated: 54%
|Previous phase||Full Moon||Friday, December 28, 2012 at 10:23 AM|
|Next phase||Third Quarter||Saturday, January 5, 2013 at 3:59 AM|
Position of the Moon
On Friday, January 4, 2013 at 19:58:00 UTC the Moon is at its zenith at
The ground speed of the movement is currently 444.87 meters/second, 1601.5 km/hour, 995.1 miles/hour or 864.8 knots. The table below shows the Moon position compared to the time and date above:
|Time||Longitude difference||Latitude difference||Total|
|1 minute||0° 14' 30.4"||16.58 mi||West||0° 00' 11.2"||0.22 mi||South||16.59 mi|
|1 hour||14° 30' 23.6"||994.99 mi||West||0° 11' 16.2"||12.91 mi||South||994.85 mi|
|24 hours||12° 09' 14.9"||833.65 mi||East||4° 20' 32.7"||298.44 mi||South||880.82 mi|
Locations with the moon near zenith
The following table shows 10 locations with moon near zenith position in the sky.
|Mount Hagen||Sat 5:58 AM||176 km||109 miles||95 nm||N|
|Lae||Sat 5:58 AM||328 km||204 miles||177 nm||ENE|
|Port Moresby||Sat 5:58 AM||406 km||252 miles||219 nm||ESE|
|Jayapura||Sat 4:58 AM||660 km||410 miles||356 nm||NW|
|Cairns||Sat 5:58 AM||1064 km||661 miles||575 nm||S|
|Manokwari||Sat 4:58 AM||1330 km||827 miles||718 nm||WNW|
|Darwin||Sat 5:28 AM||1556 km||967 miles||840 nm||WSW|
|Honiara||Sat 6:58 AM||1759 km||1093 miles||950 nm||E|
|Melekeok||Sat 4:58 AM||1959 km||1217 miles||1058 nm||NNW|
|Dili||Sat 4:58 AM||2046 km||1271 miles||1105 nm||W|
- Seasons Calculator
- Moon Calculator – Find times for moonrise, moonset and more
- Moon Phase Calculator/Calendar – Calculate moon phases for any year
- Sunrise Calculator – Find times for sunrise, sunset and more
Related Time Zone Tools
- The World Clock – Current times around the world
- Personal World Clock – Shows just the cities you need
- Meeting Planner – Find a suitable time for an international meeting
- Time Zone Converter – If it is 3 pm in New York, what time is it in Sydney?
- Event Time Announcer/Fixed Time – Show local times worldwide for your event.