Moon Light World Map
The map below shows where the Moon is visible from the Earth, depending on weather conditions and moon phases.
UTC time = Friday, January 4, 2013 at 8:18:00 PM.
= The Sun's position directly overhead (zenith) in relation to an observer.
= The Moon's position at its zenith in relation to an observer (Moon phase is not shown).
Fraction of moon illuminated: 54%
|Previous phase||Full Moon||Friday, December 28, 2012 at 10:23 AM|
|Next phase||Third Quarter||Saturday, January 5, 2013 at 3:59 AM|
Position of the Moon
On Friday, January 4, 2013 at 20:18:00 UTC the Moon is at its zenith at
The ground speed of the movement is currently 444.80 meters/second, 1601.3 km/hour, 995.0 miles/hour or 864.6 knots. The table below shows the Moon position compared to the time and date above:
|Time||Longitude difference||Latitude difference||Total|
|1 minute||0° 14' 30.4"||16.58 mi||West||0° 00' 11.2"||0.22 mi||South||16.58 mi|
|1 hour||14° 30' 22.3"||994.82 mi||West||0° 11' 15.7"||12.90 mi||South||994.69 mi|
|24 hours||12° 09' 48.8"||834.17 mi||East||4° 20' 13.1"||298.07 mi||South||881.16 mi|
Locations with the moon near zenith
The following table shows 10 locations with moon near zenith position in the sky.
|Jayapura||Sat 5:18 AM||572 km||355 miles||309 nm||NNE|
|Mount Hagen||Sat 6:18 AM||578 km||359 miles||312 nm||ENE|
|Lae||Sat 6:18 AM||857 km||533 miles||463 nm||E|
|Port Moresby||Sat 6:18 AM||898 km||558 miles||485 nm||ESE|
|Manokwari||Sat 5:18 AM||934 km||580 miles||504 nm||NW|
|Darwin||Sat 5:48 AM||1074 km||667 miles||580 nm||WSW|
|Cairns||Sat 6:18 AM||1259 km||782 miles||680 nm||SSE|
|Dili||Sat 5:18 AM||1513 km||940 miles||817 nm||W|
|Melekeok||Sat 5:18 AM||1738 km||1080 miles||938 nm||NNW|
|Alice Springs||Sat 5:48 AM||1882 km||1169 miles||1016 nm||SSW|
- Seasons Calculator
- Moon Calculator – Find times for moonrise, moonset and more
- Moon Phase Calculator – Calculate moon phases for any year
- Sunrise Calculator – Find times for sunrise, sunset and more
Related time zone tools
- The World Clock – Current times around the world
- Personal World Clock – Shows just the cities you need
- Meeting Planner – Find a suitable time for an international meeting
- Time Zone Converter – If it is 3 pm in New York, what time is it in Sydney?
- Event Time Announcer/Fixed Time – Show local times worldwide for your event.