Moon Light World Map
The map below shows where the Moon is visible from the Earth, depending on weather conditions and moon phases.
UTC time = Friday, January 4, 2013 at 8:58:00 PM.
= The Sun's position directly overhead (zenith) in relation to an observer.
= The Moon's position at its zenith in relation to an observer (Moon phase is not shown).
Fraction of moon illuminated: 53%
|Previous phase||Full Moon||Friday, December 28, 2012 at 10:23 AM|
|Next phase||Third Quarter||Saturday, January 5, 2013 at 3:59 AM|
Position of the Moon
On Friday, January 4, 2013 at 20:58:00 UTC the Moon is at its zenith at
The ground speed of the movement is currently 444.65 meters/second, 1600.7 km/hour, 994.6 miles/hour or 864.3 knots. The table below shows the Moon position compared to the time and date above:
|Time||Longitude difference||Latitude difference||Total|
|1 minute||0° 14' 30.4"||16.58 mi||West||0° 00' 11.2"||0.21 mi||South||16.58 mi|
|1 hour||14° 30' 19.8"||994.48 mi||West||0° 11' 14.6"||12.88 mi||South||994.35 mi|
|24 hours||12° 10' 56.7"||835.23 mi||East||4° 19' 33.7"||297.32 mi||South||881.84 mi|
Locations with the moon near zenith
The following table shows 10 locations with moon near zenith position in the sky.
|Baucau||Sat 5:58 AM||358 km||223 miles||194 nm||WSW|
|Dili||Sat 5:58 AM||455 km||282 miles||245 nm||WSW|
|Same||Sat 5:58 AM||461 km||286 miles||249 nm||WSW|
|Ambon||Sat 5:58 AM||463 km||287 miles||250 nm||NNW|
|Suai||Sat 5:58 AM||513 km||319 miles||277 nm||WSW|
|Darwin||Sat 6:28 AM||552 km||343 miles||298 nm||SSE|
|Kupang||Sat 4:58 AM||718 km||446 miles||388 nm||WSW|
|Kendari||Sat 4:58 AM||881 km||548 miles||476 nm||WNW|
|Ende||Sat 4:58 AM||886 km||550 miles||478 nm||W|
|Manokwari||Sat 5:58 AM||897 km||558 miles||484 nm||NNE|
- Seasons Calculator
- Moon Calculator – Find times for moonrise, moonset and more
- Moon Phase Calculator/Calendar – Calculate moon phases for any year
- Sunrise Calculator – Find times for sunrise, sunset and more
Related Time Zone Tools
- The World Clock – Current times around the world
- Personal World Clock – Shows just the cities you need
- Meeting Planner – Find a suitable time for an international meeting
- Time Zone Converter – If it is 3 pm in New York, what time is it in Sydney?
- Event Time Announcer/Fixed Time – Show local times worldwide for your event.