Moon Light World Map
The map below shows where the Moon is visible from the Earth, depending on weather conditions and moon phases.
UTC time = Friday, January 4, 2013 at 9:48:00 PM.
= The Sun's position directly overhead (zenith) in relation to an observer.
= The Moon's position at its zenith in relation to an observer (Moon phase is not shown).
Fraction of moon illuminated: 53%
|Previous phase||Full Moon||Friday, December 28, 2012 at 10:23 AM|
|Next phase||Third Quarter||Saturday, January 5, 2013 at 3:59 AM|
Position of the Moon
On Friday, January 4, 2013 at 21:48:00 UTC the Moon is at its zenith at
The ground speed of the movement is currently 444.46 meters/second, 1600.1 km/hour, 994.2 miles/hour or 864.0 knots. The table below shows the Moon position compared to the time and date above:
|Time||Longitude difference||Latitude difference||Total|
|1 minute||0° 14' 30.2"||16.57 mi||West||0° 00' 11.1"||0.21 mi||South||16.57 mi|
|1 hour||14° 30' 16.7"||994.06 mi||West||0° 11' 13.1"||12.85 mi||South||993.92 mi|
|24 hours||12° 12' 22.6"||836.55 mi||East||4° 18' 43.2"||296.36 mi||South||882.70 mi|
Locations with the moon near zenith
The following table shows 10 locations with moon near zenith position in the sky.
|Raba||Sat 5:48 AM||155 km||96 miles||84 nm||ESE|
|Mataram||Sat 5:48 AM||178 km||111 miles||96 nm||WSW|
|Singaraja||Sat 5:48 AM||266 km||165 miles||144 nm||W|
|Denpasar||Sat 5:48 AM||269 km||167 miles||145 nm||WSW|
|Makassar||Sat 5:48 AM||361 km||224 miles||195 nm||NE|
|Ende||Sat 5:48 AM||473 km||294 miles||255 nm||ESE|
|Malang||Sat 4:48 AM||525 km||326 miles||284 nm||W|
|Surabaya||Sat 4:48 AM||529 km||329 miles||286 nm||W|
|Mamuju||Sat 5:48 AM||586 km||364 miles||316 nm||NNE|
|Banjarmasin||Sat 5:48 AM||590 km||367 miles||318 nm||NNW|
- Seasons Calculator
- Moon Calculator – Find times for moonrise, moonset and more
- Moon Phase Calculator – Calculate moon phases for any year
- Sunrise Calculator – Find times for sunrise, sunset and more
Related time zone tools
- The World Clock – Current times around the world
- Personal World Clock – Shows just the cities you need
- Meeting Planner – Find a suitable time for an international meeting
- Time Zone Converter – If it is 3 pm in New York, what time is it in Sydney?
- Event Time Announcer/Fixed Time – Show local times worldwide for your event.