Moon Light World Map
UTC time = Saturday, January 5, 2013 at 1:58:00 AM.
= The Sun's position directly overhead (zenith) in relation to an observer.
= The Moon's position at its zenith in relation to an observer (Moon phase is not shown).
Fraction of moon illuminated: 51%
|Previous phase||Full Moon||Friday, December 28, 2012 at 10:23 AM|
|Next phase||Third Quarter||Saturday, January 5, 2013 at 3:59 AM|
Position of the Moon
On Saturday, January 5, 2013 at 01:58:00 UTC the Moon is at its zenith at
The ground speed of the movement is currently 443.46 meters/second, 1596.5 km/hour, 992.0 miles/hour or 862.0 knots. The table below shows the Moon position compared to the time and date above:
|Time||Longitude difference||Latitude difference||Total|
|1 minute||0° 14' 29.9"||16.53 mi||West||0° 00' 11.0"||0.21 mi||South||16.53 mi|
|1 hour||14° 30' 00.6"||991.82 mi||West||0° 11' 05.3"||12.70 mi||South||991.66 mi|
|24 hours||12° 19' 42.0"||843.28 mi||East||4° 14' 12.8"||291.21 mi||South||886.98 mi|
Locations with the moon near zenith
The following table shows 10 locations with moon near zenith position in the sky.
|Victoria||Sat 5:58 AM||471 km||293 miles||255 nm||NNW|
|Port Louis||Sat 5:58 AM||1285 km||798 miles||694 nm||S|
|Saint-Denis||Sat 5:58 AM||1374 km||854 miles||742 nm||S|
|Antananarivo||Sat 4:58 AM||1541 km||958 miles||832 nm||SW|
|Moroni||Sat 4:58 AM||1553 km||965 miles||839 nm||WSW|
|Diego Garcia||Sat 7:58 AM||1695 km||1053 miles||915 nm||E|
|Mogadishu||Sat 4:58 AM||1753 km||1089 miles||947 nm||NW|
|Dar es Salaam||Sat 4:58 AM||1972 km||1225 miles||1065 nm||W|
|Male||Sat 6:58 AM||2305 km||1432 miles||1244 nm||NE|
|Dodoma||Sat 4:58 AM||2370 km||1473 miles||1280 nm||W|
- Seasons Calculator
- Moon Calculator – Find times for moonrise, moonset and more
- Moon Phase Calculator – Calculate moon phases for any year
- Sunrise Calculator – Find times for sunrise, sunset and more
Related time zone tools
- The World Clock – Current times around the world
- Personal World Clock – Shows just the cities you need
- Meeting Planner – Find a suitable time for an international meeting
- Time Zone Converter – If it is 3 pm in New York, what time is it in Sydney?
- Event Time Announcer/Fixed Time – Show local times worldwide for your event.