Moon Light World Map
The map below shows where the Moon is visible from the Earth, depending on weather conditions and moon phases.
UTC time = Saturday, January 5, 2013 at 3:48:00 AM.
= The Sun's position directly overhead (zenith) in relation to an observer.
= The Moon's position at its zenith in relation to an observer (Moon phase is not shown).
Fraction of moon illuminated: 50%
|Previous phase||Full Moon||Friday, December 28, 2012 at 10:23 AM|
|Next phase||Third Quarter||Saturday, January 5, 2013 at 3:59 AM|
Position of the Moon
On Saturday, January 5, 2013 at 03:48:00 UTC the Moon is at its zenith at
The ground speed is currently 443.00 meters/second, 1594.8 kilometres/hour, 991.0 miles/hour or 861.1 nautical miles/hour (knots). The table below shows position of the the Moon compared to the time and date above:
|Time||Longitude Difference||Latitude Difference||Total|
|1 minute||0° 14' 29.8"||16.51 mi||West||0° 00' 11.0"||0.21 mi||South||16.52 mi|
|1 hour||14° 29' 53.2"||990.78 mi||West||0° 11' 01.4"||12.63 mi||South||990.61 mi|
|24 hours||12° 23' 01.0"||846.30 mi||East||4° 12' 04.2"||288.76 mi||South||888.89 mi|
Locations with the Moon near zenith
The following table shows 10 locations with moon near zenith position in the sky.
|Kasama||Sat 5:48 AM||166 km||103 miles||90 nm||SSE|
|Mbeya||Sat 6:48 AM||325 km||202 miles||176 nm||E|
|Karonga||Sat 5:48 AM||394 km||245 miles||213 nm||ESE|
|Lubumbashi||Sat 5:48 AM||450 km||280 miles||243 nm||SW|
|Mzuzu||Sat 5:48 AM||478 km||297 miles||258 nm||SE|
|Ndola||Sat 5:48 AM||495 km||308 miles||267 nm||SSW|
|Kitwe||Sat 5:48 AM||499 km||310 miles||269 nm||SSW|
|Tabora||Sat 6:48 AM||499 km||310 miles||270 nm||NNE|
|Rutana||Sat 5:48 AM||553 km||344 miles||299 nm||N|
|Chipata||Sat 5:48 AM||575 km||357 miles||310 nm||SSE|
- Seasons Calculator
- Moon Calculator – Find times for moonrise, moonset and more
- Moon Phase Calculator/Calendar – Calculate moon phases for any year
- Sunrise Calculator – Find times for sunrise, sunset and more
Related Time Zone Tools
- The World Clock – Current times around the world
- Personal World Clock – Shows just the cities you need
- Meeting Planner – Find a suitable time for an international meeting
- Time Zone Converter – If it is 3 pm in New York, what time is it in Sydney?
- Event Time Announcer/Fixed Time – Show local times worldwide for your event.