Moon Light World Map
The map below shows where the Moon is visible from the Earth, depending on weather conditions and moon phases.
UTC time = Saturday, January 5, 2013 at 6:40:00 AM.
= The Sun's position directly overhead (zenith) in relation to an observer.
= The Moon's position at its zenith in relation to an observer (Moon phase is not shown).
Fraction of moon illuminated: 49%
|Previous phase||Third Quarter||Saturday, January 5, 2013 at 3:59 AM|
|Next phase||New Moon||Friday, January 11, 2013 at 7:45 PM|
Position of the Moon
On Saturday, January 5, 2013 at 06:40:00 UTC the Moon is at its zenith at
The ground speed of the movement is currently 442.25 meters/second, 1592.1 km/hour, 989.3 miles/hour or 859.7 knots. The table below shows the Moon position compared to the time and date above:
|Time||Longitude difference||Latitude difference||Total|
|1 minute||0° 14' 29.7"||16.49 mi||West||0° 00' 10.8"||0.21 mi||South||16.49 mi|
|1 hour||14° 29' 41.2"||989.10 mi||West||0° 10' 55.0"||12.50 mi||South||988.91 mi|
|24 hours||12° 28' 18.3"||851.06 mi||East||4° 08' 31.0"||284.70 mi||South||891.87 mi|
Locations with the moon near zenith
The following table shows 10 locations with moon near zenith position in the sky.
|Jamestown||Sat 6:40 AM||924 km||574 miles||499 nm||SE|
|Monrovia||Sat 6:40 AM||1741 km||1082 miles||940 nm||N|
|Abidjan||Sat 6:40 AM||1808 km||1124 miles||976 nm||NNE|
|Yamoussoukro||Sat 6:40 AM||1908 km||1185 miles||1030 nm||NNE|
|Freetown||Sat 6:40 AM||1995 km||1240 miles||1077 nm||N|
|Accra||Sat 6:40 AM||2047 km||1272 miles||1105 nm||NE|
|Conakry||Sat 6:40 AM||2114 km||1314 miles||1142 nm||N|
|Lome||Sat 6:40 AM||2194 km||1364 miles||1185 nm||NE|
|São Tomé||Sat 6:40 AM||2248 km||1397 miles||1214 nm||ENE|
|Porto Novo||Sat 7:40 AM||2324 km||1444 miles||1255 nm||NE|
- Seasons Calculator
- Moon Calculator – Find times for moonrise, moonset and more
- Moon Phase Calculator – Calculate moon phases for any year
- Sunrise Calculator – Find times for sunrise, sunset and more
Related time zone tools
- The World Clock – Current times around the world
- Personal World Clock – Shows just the cities you need
- Meeting Planner – Find a suitable time for an international meeting
- Time Zone Converter – If it is 3 pm in New York, what time is it in Sydney?
- Event Time Announcer/Fixed Time – Show local times worldwide for your event.