Moon Light World Map
The map below shows where the Moon is visible from the Earth, depending on weather conditions and moon phases.
UTC time = Saturday, January 5, 2013 at 8:58:00 AM.
= The Sun's position directly overhead (zenith) in relation to an observer.
= The Moon's position at its zenith in relation to an observer (Moon phase is not shown).
Fraction of moon illuminated: 48%
|Previous phase||Third Quarter||Saturday, January 5, 2013 at 3:59 AM|
|Next phase||New Moon||Friday, January 11, 2013 at 7:45 PM|
Position of the Moon
On Saturday, January 5, 2013 at 08:58:00 UTC the Moon is at its zenith at
The ground speed of the movement is currently 441.63 meters/second, 1589.9 km/hour, 987.9 miles/hour or 858.5 knots. The table below shows the Moon position compared to the time and date above:
|Time||Longitude difference||Latitude difference||Total|
|1 minute||0° 14' 29.5"||16.46 mi||West||0° 00' 10.7"||0.21 mi||South||16.46 mi|
|1 hour||14° 29' 31.5"||987.69 mi||West||0° 10' 49.3"||12.40 mi||South||987.50 mi|
|24 hours||12° 32' 38.0"||854.93 mi||East||4° 05' 29.3"||281.24 mi||South||894.28 mi|
Locations with the moon near zenith
The following table shows 10 locations with moon near zenith position in the sky.
|Salvador||Sat 5:58 AM||733 km||456 miles||396 nm||ESE|
|Brasilia *||Sat 6:58 AM||759 km||472 miles||410 nm||SSW|
|Fortaleza||Sat 5:58 AM||937 km||582 miles||506 nm||NE|
|Belém||Sat 5:58 AM||1032 km||641 miles||557 nm||NNW|
|Recife||Sat 5:58 AM||1063 km||661 miles||574 nm||E|
|Rio de Janeiro *||Sat 6:58 AM||1458 km||906 miles||787 nm||S|
|São Paulo *||Sat 6:58 AM||1535 km||954 miles||829 nm||S|
|Cayenne||Sat 5:58 AM||1856 km||1153 miles||1002 nm||NNW|
|Manaus||Sat 4:58 AM||1881 km||1169 miles||1015 nm||WNW|
|Paramaribo||Sat 5:58 AM||2104 km||1307 miles||1136 nm||NW|
- Seasons Calculator
- Moon Calculator – Find times for moonrise, moonset and more
- Moon Phase Calculator – Calculate moon phases for any year
- Sunrise Calculator – Find times for sunrise, sunset and more
Related time zone tools
- The World Clock – Current times around the world
- Personal World Clock – Shows just the cities you need
- Meeting Planner – Find a suitable time for an international meeting
- Time Zone Converter – If it is 3 pm in New York, what time is it in Sydney?
- Event Time Announcer/Fixed Time – Show local times worldwide for your event.