Moon Light World Map
The map below shows where the Moon is visible from the Earth, depending on weather conditions and moon phases.
UTC time = Saturday, January 5, 2013 at 9:08:00 AM.
= The Sun's position directly overhead (zenith) in relation to an observer.
= The Moon's position at its zenith in relation to an observer (Moon phase is not shown).
Fraction of moon illuminated: 48%
|Previous phase||Third Quarter||Saturday, January 5, 2013 at 3:59 AM|
|Next phase||New Moon||Friday, January 11, 2013 at 7:45 PM|
Position of the Moon
On Saturday, January 5, 2013 at 09:08:00 UTC the Moon is at its zenith at
The ground speed of the movement is currently 441.58 meters/second, 1589.7 km/hour, 987.8 miles/hour or 858.4 knots. The table below shows the Moon position compared to the time and date above:
|Time||Longitude difference||Latitude difference||Total|
|1 minute||0° 14' 29.5"||16.46 mi||West||0° 00' 10.7"||0.21 mi||South||16.46 mi|
|1 hour||14° 29' 30.8"||987.59 mi||West||0° 10' 48.9"||12.39 mi||South||987.39 mi|
|24 hours||12° 32' 57.0"||855.21 mi||East||4° 05' 15.8"||280.98 mi||South||894.45 mi|
Locations with the moon near zenith
The following table shows 10 locations with moon near zenith position in the sky.
|Palmas *||Sat 7:08 AM||170 km||106 miles||92 nm||WSW|
|Brasilia *||Sat 7:08 AM||665 km||413 miles||359 nm||S|
|São Félix do Xingu||Sat 6:08 AM||672 km||418 miles||363 nm||WNW|
|Belém||Sat 6:08 AM||949 km||590 miles||513 nm||N|
|Salvador||Sat 6:08 AM||972 km||604 miles||525 nm||ESE|
|Fortaleza||Sat 6:08 AM||1141 km||709 miles||616 nm||NE|
|Recife||Sat 6:08 AM||1326 km||824 miles||716 nm||E|
|Rio de Janeiro *||Sat 7:08 AM||1500 km||932 miles||810 nm||SSE|
|São Paulo *||Sat 7:08 AM||1514 km||941 miles||817 nm||S|
|Manaus||Sat 5:08 AM||1640 km||1019 miles||886 nm||WNW|
- Seasons Calculator
- Moon Calculator – Find times for moonrise, moonset and more
- Moon Phase Calculator – Calculate moon phases for any year
- Sunrise Calculator – Find times for sunrise, sunset and more
Related time zone tools
- The World Clock – Current times around the world
- Personal World Clock – Shows just the cities you need
- Meeting Planner – Find a suitable time for an international meeting
- Time Zone Converter – If it is 3 pm in New York, what time is it in Sydney?
- Event Time Announcer/Fixed Time – Show local times worldwide for your event.