Moon Light World Map
The map below shows where the Moon is visible from the Earth, depending on weather conditions and moon phases.
UTC time = Saturday, January 5, 2013 at 2:58:00 PM.
= The Sun's position directly overhead (zenith) in relation to an observer.
= The Moon's position at its zenith in relation to an observer (Moon phase is not shown).
Fraction of moon illuminated: 45%
|Previous phase||Third Quarter||Saturday, January 5, 2013 at 3:59 AM|
|Next phase||New Moon||Friday, January 11, 2013 at 7:45 PM|
Position of the Moon
On Saturday, January 5, 2013 at 14:58:00 UTC the Moon is at its zenith at
The ground speed of the movement is currently 439.90 meters/second, 1583.6 km/hour, 984.0 miles/hour or 855.1 knots. The table below shows the Moon position compared to the time and date above:
|Time||Longitude difference||Latitude difference||Total|
|1 minute||0° 14' 29.0"||16.40 mi||West||0° 00' 10.5"||0.20 mi||South||16.40 mi|
|1 hour||14° 29' 04.9"||983.82 mi||West||0° 10' 33.0"||12.08 mi||South||983.60 mi|
|24 hours||12° 44' 15.9"||865.18 mi||East||3° 56' 49.0"||271.32 mi||South||900.59 mi|
Locations with the moon near zenith
The following table shows 10 locations with moon near zenith position in the sky.
|Taiohae||Sat 5:28 AM||920 km||572 miles||497 nm||WNW|
|Adamstown||Sat 6:58 AM||1572 km||977 miles||849 nm||S|
|Papeete||Sat 4:58 AM||2098 km||1304 miles||1133 nm||WSW|
|Easter Island *||Sat 9:58 AM||2918 km||1813 miles||1575 nm||SE|
|Kiritimati||Sun 4:58 AM||3207 km||1993 miles||1732 nm||WNW|
|Rarotonga||Sat 4:58 AM||3243 km||2015 miles||1751 nm||WSW|
|Alofi||Sat 3:58 AM||4237 km||2633 miles||2288 nm||WSW|
|Fakaofo||Sun 3:58 AM||4373 km||2717 miles||2361 nm||W|
|Apia *||Sun 4:58 AM||4405 km||2737 miles||2378 nm||W|
|Honolulu||Sat 4:58 AM||4595 km||2855 miles||2481 nm||NW|
- Seasons Calculator
- Moon Calculator – Find times for moonrise, moonset and more
- Moon Phase Calculator – Calculate moon phases for any year
- Sunrise Calculator – Find times for sunrise, sunset and more
Related time zone tools
- The World Clock – Current times around the world
- Personal World Clock – Shows just the cities you need
- Meeting Planner – Find a suitable time for an international meeting
- Time Zone Converter – If it is 3 pm in New York, what time is it in Sydney?
- Event Time Announcer/Fixed Time – Show local times worldwide for your event.