Moon Light World Map
The map below shows where the Moon is visible from the Earth, depending on weather conditions and moon phases.
UTC time = Saturday, January 5, 2013 at 3:08:00 PM.
= The Sun's position directly overhead (zenith) in relation to an observer.
= The Moon's position at its zenith in relation to an observer (Moon phase is not shown).
Fraction of moon illuminated: 45%
|Previous phase||Third Quarter||Saturday, January 5, 2013 at 3:59 AM|
|Next phase||New Moon||Friday, January 11, 2013 at 7:45 PM|
Position of the Moon
On Saturday, January 5, 2013 at 15:08:00 UTC the Moon is at its zenith at
The ground speed of the movement is currently 439.85 meters/second, 1583.5 km/hour, 983.9 miles/hour or 855.0 knots. The table below shows the Moon position compared to the time and date above:
|Time||Longitude difference||Latitude difference||Total|
|1 minute||0° 14' 29.0"||16.40 mi||West||0° 00' 10.5"||0.20 mi||South||16.40 mi|
|1 hour||14° 29' 04.2"||983.71 mi||West||0° 10' 32.4"||12.08 mi||South||983.49 mi|
|24 hours||12° 44' 35.6"||865.47 mi||East||3° 56' 33.4"||271.03 mi||South||900.76 mi|
Locations with the moon near zenith
The following table shows 10 locations with moon near zenith position in the sky.
|Taiohae||Sat 5:38 AM||666 km||414 miles||360 nm||WNW|
|Adamstown||Sat 7:08 AM||1610 km||1000 miles||869 nm||SSE|
|Papeete||Sat 5:08 AM||1855 km||1152 miles||1001 nm||WSW|
|Kiritimati||Sun 5:08 AM||2971 km||1846 miles||1604 nm||WNW|
|Rarotonga||Sat 5:08 AM||3003 km||1866 miles||1621 nm||WSW|
|Easter Island *||Sat 10:08 AM||3119 km||1938 miles||1684 nm||SE|
|Alofi||Sat 4:08 AM||3984 km||2476 miles||2151 nm||WSW|
|Fakaofo||Sun 4:08 AM||4106 km||2551 miles||2217 nm||W|
|Apia *||Sun 5:08 AM||4143 km||2574 miles||2237 nm||W|
|Honolulu||Sat 5:08 AM||4436 km||2757 miles||2395 nm||NW|
- Seasons Calculator
- Moon Calculator – Find times for moonrise, moonset and more
- Moon Phase Calculator/Calendar – Calculate moon phases for any year
- Sunrise Calculator – Find times for sunrise, sunset and more
Related Time Zone Tools
- The World Clock – Current times around the world
- Personal World Clock – Shows just the cities you need
- Meeting Planner – Find a suitable time for an international meeting
- Time Zone Converter – If it is 3 pm in New York, what time is it in Sydney?
- Event Time Announcer/Fixed Time – Show local times worldwide for your event.