Moon Light World Map
The map below shows where the Moon is visible from the Earth, depending on weather conditions and moon phases.
UTC time = Saturday, January 5, 2013 at 3:48:00 PM.
= The Sun's position directly overhead (zenith) in relation to an observer.
= The Moon's position at its zenith in relation to an observer (Moon phase is not shown).
Fraction of moon illuminated: 45%
|Previous phase||Third Quarter||Saturday, January 5, 2013 at 3:59 AM|
|Next phase||New Moon||Friday, January 11, 2013 at 7:45 PM|
Position of the Moon
On Saturday, January 5, 2013 at 15:48:00 UTC the Moon is at its zenith at
The ground speed of the movement is currently 439.65 meters/second, 1582.7 km/hour, 983.5 miles/hour or 854.6 knots. The table below shows the Moon position compared to the time and date above:
|Time||Longitude difference||Latitude difference||Total|
|1 minute||0° 14' 29.0"||16.39 mi||West||0° 00' 10.5"||0.20 mi||South||16.39 mi|
|1 hour||14° 29' 01.0"||983.26 mi||West||0° 10' 30.5"||12.04 mi||South||983.04 mi|
|24 hours||12° 45' 54.8"||866.62 mi||East||3° 55' 31.3"||269.84 mi||South||901.46 mi|
Locations with the moon near zenith
The following table shows 10 locations with moon near zenith position in the sky.
|Taiohae||Sat 6:18 AM||485 km||301 miles||262 nm||ENE|
|Papeete||Sat 5:48 AM||977 km||607 miles||527 nm||SW|
|Rarotonga||Sat 5:48 AM||2079 km||1292 miles||1123 nm||SW|
|Adamstown||Sat 7:48 AM||2091 km||1299 miles||1129 nm||SE|
|Kiritimati||Sun 5:48 AM||2103 km||1307 miles||1136 nm||NW|
|Alofi||Sat 4:48 AM||2981 km||1852 miles||1609 nm||WSW|
|Fakaofo||Sun 4:48 AM||3051 km||1896 miles||1647 nm||W|
|Apia *||Sun 5:48 AM||3097 km||1925 miles||1672 nm||W|
|Nukualofa||Sun 4:48 AM||3571 km||2219 miles||1928 nm||WSW|
|Baker Island||Sat 3:48 AM||3865 km||2402 miles||2087 nm||WNW|
- Seasons Calculator
- Moon Calculator – Find times for moonrise, moonset and more
- Moon Phase Calculator/Calendar – Calculate moon phases for any year
- Sunrise Calculator – Find times for sunrise, sunset and more
Related Time Zone Tools
- The World Clock – Current times around the world
- Personal World Clock – Shows just the cities you need
- Meeting Planner – Find a suitable time for an international meeting
- Time Zone Converter – If it is 3 pm in New York, what time is it in Sydney?
- Event Time Announcer/Fixed Time – Show local times worldwide for your event.