Moon Light World Map
The map below shows where the Moon is visible from the Earth, depending on weather conditions and moon phases.
UTC time = Saturday, January 5, 2013 at 3:58:00 PM.
= The Sun's position directly overhead (zenith) in relation to an observer.
= The Moon's position at its zenith in relation to an observer (Moon phase is not shown).
Fraction of moon illuminated: 45%
|Previous phase||Third Quarter||Saturday, January 5, 2013 at 3:59 AM|
|Next phase||New Moon||Friday, January 11, 2013 at 7:45 PM|
Position of the Moon
On Saturday, January 5, 2013 at 15:58:00 UTC the Moon is at its zenith at
The ground speed of the movement is currently 439.60 meters/second, 1582.6 km/hour, 983.4 miles/hour or 854.5 knots. The table below shows the Moon position compared to the time and date above:
|Time||Longitude difference||Latitude difference||Total|
|1 minute||0° 14' 28.9"||16.39 mi||West||0° 00' 10.5"||0.20 mi||South||16.39 mi|
|1 hour||14° 29' 00.3"||983.14 mi||West||0° 10' 29.9"||12.03 mi||South||982.92 mi|
|24 hours||12° 46' 14.7"||866.91 mi||East||3° 55' 15.5"||269.54 mi||South||901.64 mi|
Locations with the moon near zenith
The following table shows 10 locations with moon near zenith position in the sky.
|Taiohae||Sat 6:28 AM||730 km||454 miles||394 nm||ENE|
|Papeete||Sat 5:58 AM||819 km||509 miles||442 nm||SSW|
|Rarotonga||Sat 5:58 AM||1866 km||1159 miles||1007 nm||SW|
|Kiritimati||Sun 5:58 AM||1918 km||1192 miles||1036 nm||NW|
|Adamstown||Sat 7:58 AM||2267 km||1409 miles||1224 nm||SE|
|Alofi||Sat 4:58 AM||2733 km||1698 miles||1476 nm||WSW|
|Fakaofo||Sun 4:58 AM||2787 km||1732 miles||1505 nm||W|
|Apia *||Sun 5:58 AM||2836 km||1762 miles||1531 nm||W|
|Nukualofa||Sun 4:58 AM||3327 km||2067 miles||1796 nm||WSW|
|Baker Island||Sat 3:58 AM||3614 km||2246 miles||1951 nm||WNW|
- Seasons Calculator
- Moon Calculator – Find times for moonrise, moonset and more
- Moon Phase Calculator – Calculate moon phases for any year
- Sunrise Calculator – Find times for sunrise, sunset and more
Related time zone tools
- The World Clock – Current times around the world
- Personal World Clock – Shows just the cities you need
- Meeting Planner – Find a suitable time for an international meeting
- Time Zone Converter – If it is 3 pm in New York, what time is it in Sydney?
- Event Time Announcer/Fixed Time – Show local times worldwide for your event.