Moon Light World Map
The map below shows where the Moon is visible from the Earth, depending on weather conditions and moon phases.
UTC time = Saturday, January 5, 2013 at 4:08:00 PM.
= The Sun's position directly overhead (zenith) in relation to an observer.
= The Moon's position at its zenith in relation to an observer (Moon phase is not shown).
Fraction of moon illuminated: 45%
|Previous phase||Third Quarter||Saturday, January 5, 2013 at 3:59 AM|
|Next phase||New Moon||Friday, January 11, 2013 at 7:45 PM|
Position of the Moon
On Saturday, January 5, 2013 at 16:08:00 UTC the Moon is at its zenith at
The ground speed of the movement is currently 439.55 meters/second, 1582.4 km/hour, 983.2 miles/hour or 854.4 knots. The table below shows the Moon position compared to the time and date above:
|Time||Longitude difference||Latitude difference||Total|
|1 minute||0° 14' 28.9"||16.39 mi||West||0° 00' 10.5"||0.20 mi||South||16.39 mi|
|1 hour||14° 28' 59.6"||983.03 mi||West||0° 10' 29.5"||12.02 mi||South||982.81 mi|
|24 hours||12° 46' 34.7"||867.20 mi||East||3° 54' 59.9"||269.24 mi||South||901.82 mi|
Locations with the moon near zenith
The following table shows 10 locations with moon near zenith position in the sky.
|Papeete||Sat 6:08 AM||724 km||450 miles||391 nm||S|
|Taiohae||Sat 6:38 AM||985 km||612 miles||532 nm||ENE|
|Rarotonga||Sat 6:08 AM||1665 km||1034 miles||899 nm||SW|
|Kiritimati||Sun 6:08 AM||1754 km||1090 miles||947 nm||NW|
|Adamstown||Sat 8:08 AM||2457 km||1527 miles||1327 nm||SE|
|Alofi||Sat 5:08 AM||2488 km||1546 miles||1343 nm||WSW|
|Fakaofo||Sun 5:08 AM||2527 km||1570 miles||1364 nm||W|
|Apia *||Sun 6:08 AM||2575 km||1600 miles||1391 nm||W|
|Nukualofa||Sun 5:08 AM||3084 km||1916 miles||1665 nm||WSW|
|Baker Island||Sat 4:08 AM||3366 km||2092 miles||1817 nm||WNW|
- Seasons Calculator
- Moon Calculator – Find times for moonrise, moonset and more
- Moon Phase Calculator – Calculate moon phases for any year
- Sunrise Calculator – Find times for sunrise, sunset and more
Related time zone tools
- The World Clock – Current times around the world
- Personal World Clock – Shows just the cities you need
- Meeting Planner – Find a suitable time for an international meeting
- Time Zone Converter – If it is 3 pm in New York, what time is it in Sydney?
- Event Time Announcer/Fixed Time – Show local times worldwide for your event.