Moon Light World Map
The map below shows where the Moon is visible from the Earth, depending on weather conditions and moon phases.
UTC time = Saturday, January 5, 2013 at 4:58:00 PM.
= The Sun's position directly overhead (zenith) in relation to an observer.
= The Moon's position at its zenith in relation to an observer (Moon phase is not shown).
Fraction of moon illuminated: 44%
|Previous phase||Third Quarter||Saturday, January 5, 2013 at 3:59 AM|
|Next phase||New Moon||Friday, January 11, 2013 at 7:45 PM|
Position of the Moon
On Saturday, January 5, 2013 at 16:58:00 UTC the Moon is at its zenith at
The ground speed of the movement is currently 439.30 meters/second, 1581.5 km/hour, 982.7 miles/hour or 853.9 knots. The table below shows the Moon position compared to the time and date above:
|Time||Longitude difference||Latitude difference||Total|
|1 minute||0° 14' 28.9"||16.38 mi||West||0° 00' 10.5"||0.20 mi||South||16.38 mi|
|1 hour||14° 28' 55.6"||982.47 mi||West||0° 10' 26.9"||11.97 mi||South||982.24 mi|
|24 hours||12° 48' 14.3"||868.64 mi||East||3° 53' 40.4"||267.73 mi||South||902.69 mi|
Locations with the moon near zenith
The following table shows 10 locations with moon near zenith position in the sky.
|Rarotonga||Sat 6:58 AM||1104 km||686 miles||596 nm||S|
|Fakaofo||Sun 5:58 AM||1212 km||753 miles||655 nm||W|
|Apia *||Sun 6:58 AM||1278 km||794 miles||690 nm||WSW|
|Alofi||Sat 5:58 AM||1345 km||836 miles||726 nm||SW|
|Papeete||Sat 6:58 AM||1349 km||838 miles||728 nm||ESE|
|Kiritimati||Sun 6:58 AM||1489 km||925 miles||804 nm||NNE|
|Nukualofa||Sun 5:58 AM||1929 km||1199 miles||1042 nm||SW|
|Baker Island||Sat 4:58 AM||2193 km||1363 miles||1184 nm||NW|
|Funafuti||Sun 4:58 AM||2268 km||1410 miles||1225 nm||W|
|Suva *||Sun 5:58 AM||2412 km||1498 miles||1302 nm||WSW|
- Seasons Calculator
- Moon Calculator – Find times for moonrise, moonset and more
- Moon Phase Calculator – Calculate moon phases for any year
- Sunrise Calculator – Find times for sunrise, sunset and more
Related time zone tools
- The World Clock – Current times around the world
- Personal World Clock – Shows just the cities you need
- Meeting Planner – Find a suitable time for an international meeting
- Time Zone Converter – If it is 3 pm in New York, what time is it in Sydney?
- Event Time Announcer/Fixed Time – Show local times worldwide for your event.