Moon Light World Map
The map below shows where the Moon is visible from the Earth, depending on weather conditions and moon phases.
UTC time = Saturday, January 5, 2013 at 6:40:00 PM.
= The Sun's position directly overhead (zenith) in relation to an observer.
= The Moon's position at its zenith in relation to an observer (Moon phase is not shown).
Fraction of moon illuminated: 43%
|Previous phase||Third Quarter||Saturday, January 5, 2013 at 3:59 AM|
|Next phase||New Moon||Friday, January 11, 2013 at 7:45 PM|
Position of the Moon
On Saturday, January 5, 2013 at 18:40:00 UTC the Moon is at its zenith at
The ground speed of the movement is currently 438.78 meters/second, 1579.6 km/hour, 981.5 miles/hour or 852.9 knots. The table below shows the Moon position compared to the time and date above:
|Time||Longitude difference||Latitude difference||Total|
|1 minute||0° 14' 28.8"||16.36 mi||West||0° 00' 10.3"||0.20 mi||South||16.36 mi|
|1 hour||14° 28' 47.7"||981.29 mi||West||0° 10' 21.5"||11.87 mi||South||981.06 mi|
|24 hours||347° 08' 21.1"||871.59 mi||West||3° 50' 54.2"||264.56 mi||South||904.49 mi|
Locations with the moon near zenith
The following table shows 10 locations with moon near zenith position in the sky.
|Funafuti||Sun 6:40 AM||563 km||350 miles||304 nm||NE|
|Labasa *||Sun 7:40 AM||711 km||442 miles||384 nm||SE|
|Lautoka *||Sun 7:40 AM||716 km||445 miles||387 nm||SSE|
|Nadi *||Sun 7:40 AM||735 km||457 miles||397 nm||SSE|
|Suva *||Sun 7:40 AM||812 km||504 miles||438 nm||SSE|
|Luganville||Sun 5:40 AM||961 km||597 miles||519 nm||WSW|
|Mata-Utu||Sun 6:40 AM||971 km||603 miles||524 nm||ESE|
|Port Vila||Sun 5:40 AM||999 km||621 miles||539 nm||SW|
|Apia *||Sun 8:40 AM||1450 km||901 miles||783 nm||ESE|
|Tarawa||Sun 6:40 AM||1453 km||903 miles||785 nm||N|
- Seasons Calculator
- Moon Calculator – Find times for moonrise, moonset and more
- Moon Phase Calculator/Calendar – Calculate moon phases for any year
- Sunrise Calculator – Find times for sunrise, sunset and more
Related Time Zone Tools
- The World Clock – Current times around the world
- Personal World Clock – Shows just the cities you need
- Meeting Planner – Find a suitable time for an international meeting
- Time Zone Converter – If it is 3 pm in New York, what time is it in Sydney?
- Event Time Announcer/Fixed Time – Show local times worldwide for your event.