Moon Light World Map
The map below shows where the Moon is visible from the Earth, depending on weather conditions and moon phases.
The white dot symbolizes the position of the Moon, and the yellow sun symbolizes the position of the sun.
Change time and date
|< 4 weeks||4 weeks >||March equinox|
|< 1 day||1 day >||June solstice|
|< 12 hours||12 hours >||September equinox|
|< 6 hours||6 hours >||December solstice|
|< 1 hour||1 hour >||Now/Current time|
|< 10 minutes||10 minutes >|
- The bright part of the map shows where the moon is over the horizon on Saturday, January 5, 2013 at 18:40:00 UTC.
- The Sun's position is marked with this symbol: . At this location, the Sun will be at its zenith (directly overhead) in relation to an observer.
- The Moon's position is marked with this symbol: . At this location, the Moon will be at its zenith in relation to an observer. Note that the symbol is not showing the current phase of the Moon.
Fraction of moon illuminated: 43%
|Previous phase||Third Quarter||Saturday, January 5, 2013 at 3:58 AM|
|Next phase||New Moon||Friday, January 11, 2013 at 7:44 PM|
Position of the Moon
On Saturday, January 5, 2013 at 18:40:00 UTC the Moon is at its zenith at
The ground speed of the movement is currently 438.77 meters/second, 1579.6 km/hour, 981.5 miles/hour or 852.9 knots. The table below shows the Moon position compared to the time and date above:
|Time||Longitude difference||Latitude difference||Total|
|1 minute||0° 14' 28.8"||16.36 mi||west||0° 00' 10.3"||0.20 mi||south||16.36 mi|
|1 hour||14° 28' 47.6"||981.35 mi||west||0° 10' 21.4"||11.87 mi||south||981.12 mi|
|24 hours||347° 08' 18.8"||871.68 mi||west||3° 50' 52.2"||264.54 mi||south||904.57 mi|
Locations with the moon near zenith
The following table shows 10 locations with moon near zenith position in the sky.
|Funafuti||Sun 6:40 AM||589 km||366 miles||318 nm||NE|
|Lautoka *||Sun 7:40 AM||727 km||451 miles||392 nm||SSE|
|Nadi *||Sun 7:40 AM||745 km||463 miles||402 nm||SSE|
|Suva *||Sun 7:40 AM||824 km||512 miles||445 nm||SSE|
|Luganville||Sun 5:40 AM||935 km||581 miles||505 nm||WSW|
|Port Vila||Sun 5:40 AM||977 km||607 miles||528 nm||SW|
|Tarawa||Sun 6:40 AM||1449 km||901 miles||783 nm||N|
|Apia *||Sun 8:40 AM||1479 km||919 miles||798 nm||ESE|
|Yaren||Sun 6:40 AM||1500 km||932 miles||810 nm||NW|
|Nukualofa||Sun 7:40 AM||1502 km||934 miles||811 nm||SE|
- Seasons Calculator
- Moon Calculator – Find times for moonrise, moonset and more
- Moon Phase Calculator – Calculate moon phases for any year
- Sunrise Calculator – Find times for sunrise, sunset and more
Related time zone tools
- The World Clock – Current times around the world
- Personal World Clock – Shows just the cities you need
- Meeting Planner – Find a suitable time for an international meeting
- Time Zone Converter – If it is 3 pm in New York, what time is it in Sydney?
- Event Time Announcer/Fixed Time – Show local times worldwide for your event.