Moon Light World Map
The map below shows where the Moon is visible from the Earth, depending on weather conditions and moon phases.
UTC time = Saturday, January 5, 2013 at 9:58:00 PM.
= The Sun's position directly overhead (zenith) in relation to an observer.
= The Moon's position at its zenith in relation to an observer (Moon phase is not shown).
Fraction of moon illuminated: 42%
|Previous phase||Third Quarter||Saturday, January 5, 2013 at 3:59 AM|
|Next phase||New Moon||Friday, January 11, 2013 at 7:45 PM|
Position of the Moon
On Saturday, January 5, 2013 at 21:58:00 UTC the Moon is at its zenith at
The ground speed of the movement is currently 437.74 meters/second, 1575.9 km/hour, 979.2 miles/hour or 850.9 knots. The table below shows the Moon position compared to the time and date above:
|Time||Longitude difference||Latitude difference||Total|
|1 minute||0° 14' 28.6"||16.32 mi||West||0° 00' 10.2"||0.19 mi||South||16.32 mi|
|1 hour||14° 28' 32.0"||978.97 mi||West||0° 10' 10.3"||11.66 mi||South||978.73 mi|
|24 hours||12° 58' 20.3"||877.33 mi||East||3° 45' 15.4"||258.10 mi||South||907.97 mi|
Locations with the moon near zenith
The following table shows 10 locations with moon near zenith position in the sky.
|Suai||Sun 6:58 AM||383 km||238 miles||207 nm||NW|
|Darwin||Sun 7:28 AM||387 km||240 miles||209 nm||E|
|Same||Sun 6:58 AM||390 km||242 miles||211 nm||NNW|
|Baucau||Sun 6:58 AM||416 km||258 miles||225 nm||NNW|
|Dili||Sun 6:58 AM||438 km||272 miles||236 nm||NNW|
|Kupang||Sun 5:58 AM||461 km||286 miles||249 nm||WNW|
|Ende||Sun 5:58 AM||718 km||446 miles||387 nm||WNW|
|Ambon||Sun 6:58 AM||938 km||583 miles||506 nm||N|
|Kendari||Sun 5:58 AM||1044 km||649 miles||564 nm||NNW|
|Makassar||Sun 5:58 AM||1162 km||722 miles||627 nm||NW|
- Seasons Calculator
- Moon Calculator – Find times for moonrise, moonset and more
- Moon Phase Calculator – Calculate moon phases for any year
- Sunrise Calculator – Find times for sunrise, sunset and more
Related time zone tools
- The World Clock – Current times around the world
- Personal World Clock – Shows just the cities you need
- Meeting Planner – Find a suitable time for an international meeting
- Time Zone Converter – If it is 3 pm in New York, what time is it in Sydney?
- Event Time Announcer/Fixed Time – Show local times worldwide for your event.