Moon Light World Map
The map below shows where the Moon is visible from the Earth, depending on weather conditions and moon phases.
UTC time = Sunday, January 6, 2013 at 3:58:00 AM.
= The Sun's position directly overhead (zenith) in relation to an observer.
= The Moon's position at its zenith in relation to an observer (Moon phase is not shown).
Fraction of moon illuminated: 39%
|Previous phase||Third Quarter||Saturday, January 5, 2013 at 3:59 AM|
|Next phase||New Moon||Friday, January 11, 2013 at 7:45 PM|
Position of the Moon
On Sunday, January 6, 2013 at 03:58:00 UTC the Moon is at its zenith at
The ground speed is currently 435.79 meters/second, 1568.9 kilometres/hour, 974.8 miles/hour or 847.1 nautical miles/hour (knots). The table below shows position of the the Moon compared to the time and date above:
|Time||Longitude Difference||Latitude Difference||Total|
|1 minute||0° 14' 28.1"||16.25 mi||West||0° 00' 09.7"||0.19 mi||South||16.25 mi|
|1 hour||14° 28' 02.5"||974.59 mi||West||0° 09' 48.1"||11.23 mi||South||974.33 mi|
|24 hours||13° 10' 42.4"||887.79 mi||East||3° 34' 05.3"||245.32 mi||South||914.28 mi|
Locations with the Moon near zenith
The following table shows 10 locations with moon near zenith position in the sky.
|Pemba||Sun 5:58 AM||18 km||11 miles||10 nm||NNE|
|Nampula||Sun 5:58 AM||256 km||159 miles||138 nm||SSW|
|Moroni||Sun 6:58 AM||343 km||213 miles||185 nm||ENE|
|Fomboni||Sun 6:58 AM||368 km||228 miles||198 nm||ENE|
|Mutsamudu||Sun 6:58 AM||440 km||274 miles||238 nm||ENE|
|Mamoutzou||Sun 6:58 AM||518 km||322 miles||280 nm||E|
|Zomba||Sun 5:58 AM||609 km||378 miles||329 nm||WSW|
|Blantyre||Sun 5:58 AM||658 km||409 miles||355 nm||WSW|
|Dar es Salaam||Sun 6:58 AM||710 km||441 miles||383 nm||N|
|Mzuzu||Sun 5:58 AM||726 km||451 miles||392 nm||WNW|
- Seasons Calculator
- Moon Calculator – Find times for moonrise, moonset and more
- Moon Phase Calculator/Calendar – Calculate moon phases for any year
- Sunrise Calculator – Find times for sunrise, sunset and more
Related Time Zone Tools
- The World Clock – Current times around the world
- Personal World Clock – Shows just the cities you need
- Meeting Planner – Find a suitable time for an international meeting
- Time Zone Converter – If it is 3 pm in New York, what time is it in Sydney?
- Event Time Announcer/Fixed Time – Show local times worldwide for your event.