Moon Light World Map
The map below shows where the Moon is visible from the Earth, depending on weather conditions and moon phases.
UTC time = Sunday, January 6, 2013 at 12:26:00 PM.
= The Sun's position directly overhead (zenith) in relation to an observer.
= The Moon's position at its zenith in relation to an observer (Moon phase is not shown).
Fraction of moon illuminated: 35%
|Previous phase||Third Quarter||Saturday, January 5, 2013 at 3:59 AM|
|Next phase||New Moon||Friday, January 11, 2013 at 7:45 PM|
Position of the Moon
On Sunday, January 6, 2013 at 12:26:00 UTC the Moon is at its zenith at
The ground speed of the movement is currently 432.94 meters/second, 1558.6 km/hour, 968.5 miles/hour or 841.6 knots. The table below shows the Moon position compared to the time and date above:
|Time||Longitude difference||Latitude difference||Total|
|1 minute||0° 14' 27.3"||16.14 mi||West||0° 00' 09.2"||0.18 mi||South||16.14 mi|
|1 hour||14° 27' 19.3"||968.19 mi||West||0° 09' 11.7"||10.54 mi||South||967.91 mi|
|24 hours||13° 28' 21.9"||902.39 mi||East||3° 16' 18.7"||224.98 mi||South||923.07 mi|
Locations with the moon near zenith
The following table shows 10 locations with moon near zenith position in the sky.
|Callao||Sun 7:26 AM||590 km||367 miles||319 nm||ENE|
|Lima||Sun 7:26 AM||599 km||372 miles||323 nm||ENE|
|Trujillo||Sun 7:26 AM||774 km||481 miles||418 nm||NNE|
|Guayaquil||Sun 7:26 AM||1376 km||855 miles||743 nm||N|
|La Paz||Sun 8:26 AM||1502 km||933 miles||811 nm||E|
|Rio Branco||Sun 8:26 AM||1618 km||1005 miles||874 nm||ENE|
|Quito||Sun 7:26 AM||1622 km||1008 miles||876 nm||NNE|
|Galapagos Islands||Sun 6:26 AM||1720 km||1069 miles||929 nm||NNW|
|Sucre||Sun 8:26 AM||1851 km||1150 miles||1000 nm||ESE|
|Bogota||Sun 7:26 AM||2283 km||1418 miles||1233 nm||NNE|
- Seasons Calculator
- Moon Calculator – Find times for moonrise, moonset and more
- Moon Phase Calculator – Calculate moon phases for any year
- Sunrise Calculator – Find times for sunrise, sunset and more
Related time zone tools
- The World Clock – Current times around the world
- Personal World Clock – Shows just the cities you need
- Meeting Planner – Find a suitable time for an international meeting
- Time Zone Converter – If it is 3 pm in New York, what time is it in Sydney?
- Event Time Announcer/Fixed Time – Show local times worldwide for your event.