Moon Light World Map
The map below shows where the Moon is visible from the Earth, depending on weather conditions and moon phases.
UTC time = Sunday, January 6, 2013 at 2:24:00 PM.
= The Sun's position directly overhead (zenith) in relation to an observer.
= The Moon's position at its zenith in relation to an observer (Moon phase is not shown).
Fraction of moon illuminated: 34%
|Previous phase||Third Quarter||Saturday, January 5, 2013 at 3:59 AM|
|Next phase||New Moon||Friday, January 11, 2013 at 7:45 PM|
Position of the Moon
On Sunday, January 6, 2013 at 14:24:00 UTC the Moon is at its zenith at
The ground speed of the movement is currently 432.26 meters/second, 1556.1 km/hour, 966.9 miles/hour or 840.3 knots. The table below shows the Moon position compared to the time and date above:
|Time||Longitude difference||Latitude difference||Total|
|1 minute||0° 14' 27.2"||16.11 mi||West||0° 00' 09.0"||0.17 mi||South||16.12 mi|
|1 hour||14° 27' 09.1"||966.67 mi||West||0° 09' 02.4"||10.36 mi||South||966.39 mi|
|24 hours||13° 32' 27.8"||905.73 mi||East||3° 11' 50.5"||219.86 mi||South||925.09 mi|
Locations with the moon near zenith
The following table shows 10 locations with moon near zenith position in the sky.
|Easter Island *||Sun 9:24 AM||1367 km||850 miles||738 nm||S|
|Adamstown||Sun 6:24 AM||2352 km||1461 miles||1270 nm||WSW|
|Galapagos Islands||Sun 8:24 AM||2755 km||1712 miles||1488 nm||ENE|
|Lima||Sun 9:24 AM||3623 km||2251 miles||1956 nm||E|
|Quito||Sun 9:24 AM||3861 km||2399 miles||2085 nm||ENE|
|Guatemala||Sun 8:24 AM||3918 km||2434 miles||2116 nm||NE|
|San Salvador||Sun 8:24 AM||3921 km||2437 miles||2117 nm||NE|
|Mexico City||Sun 8:24 AM||3979 km||2473 miles||2149 nm||NNE|
|San Jose||Sun 8:24 AM||3988 km||2478 miles||2153 nm||NE|
|Managua||Sun 8:24 AM||3994 km||2482 miles||2157 nm||NE|
- Seasons Calculator
- Moon Calculator – Find times for moonrise, moonset and more
- Moon Phase Calculator – Calculate moon phases for any year
- Sunrise Calculator – Find times for sunrise, sunset and more
Related time zone tools
- The World Clock – Current times around the world
- Personal World Clock – Shows just the cities you need
- Meeting Planner – Find a suitable time for an international meeting
- Time Zone Converter – If it is 3 pm in New York, what time is it in Sydney?
- Event Time Announcer/Fixed Time – Show local times worldwide for your event.