Moon Light World Map
The map below shows where the Moon is visible from the Earth, depending on weather conditions and moon phases.
UTC time = Sunday, January 6, 2013 at 2:44:00 PM.
= The Sun's position directly overhead (zenith) in relation to an observer.
= The Moon's position at its zenith in relation to an observer (Moon phase is not shown).
Fraction of moon illuminated: 34%
|Previous phase||Third Quarter||Saturday, January 5, 2013 at 3:59 AM|
|Next phase||New Moon||Friday, January 11, 2013 at 7:45 PM|
Position of the Moon
On Sunday, January 6, 2013 at 14:44:00 UTC the Moon is at its zenith at
The ground speed of the movement is currently 432.15 meters/second, 1555.7 km/hour, 966.7 miles/hour or 840.0 knots. The table below shows the Moon position compared to the time and date above:
|Time||Longitude difference||Latitude difference||Total|
|1 minute||0° 14' 27.2"||16.11 mi||West||0° 00' 09.0"||0.17 mi||South||16.11 mi|
|1 hour||14° 27' 07.2"||966.42 mi||West||0° 09' 00.8"||10.33 mi||South||966.14 mi|
|24 hours||13° 33' 09.5"||906.29 mi||East||3° 11' 04.3"||218.98 mi||South||925.43 mi|
Locations with the moon near zenith
The following table shows 10 locations with moon near zenith position in the sky.
|Easter Island *||Sun 9:44 AM||1488 km||925 miles||804 nm||SSE|
|Adamstown||Sun 6:44 AM||1924 km||1195 miles||1039 nm||SW|
|Galapagos Islands||Sun 8:44 AM||3211 km||1995 miles||1734 nm||ENE|
|Papeete||Sun 4:44 AM||3680 km||2287 miles||1987 nm||W|
|Lima||Sun 9:44 AM||4142 km||2574 miles||2236 nm||E|
|Mexico City||Sun 8:44 AM||4178 km||2596 miles||2256 nm||NNE|
|Guatemala||Sun 8:44 AM||4241 km||2635 miles||2290 nm||NE|
|San Salvador||Sun 8:44 AM||4263 km||2649 miles||2302 nm||NE|
|Quito||Sun 9:44 AM||4351 km||2703 miles||2349 nm||ENE|
|Managua||Sun 8:44 AM||4370 km||2715 miles||2360 nm||NE|
- Seasons Calculator
- Moon Calculator – Find times for moonrise, moonset and more
- Moon Phase Calculator – Calculate moon phases for any year
- Sunrise Calculator – Find times for sunrise, sunset and more
Related time zone tools
- The World Clock – Current times around the world
- Personal World Clock – Shows just the cities you need
- Meeting Planner – Find a suitable time for an international meeting
- Time Zone Converter – If it is 3 pm in New York, what time is it in Sydney?
- Event Time Announcer/Fixed Time – Show local times worldwide for your event.