Moon Light World Map
The map below shows where the Moon is visible from the Earth, depending on weather conditions and moon phases.
UTC time = Sunday, January 6, 2013 at 2:56:00 PM.
= The Sun's position directly overhead (zenith) in relation to an observer.
= The Moon's position at its zenith in relation to an observer (Moon phase is not shown).
Fraction of moon illuminated: 34%
|Previous phase||Third Quarter||Saturday, January 5, 2013 at 3:59 AM|
|Next phase||New Moon||Friday, January 11, 2013 at 7:45 PM|
Position of the Moon
On Sunday, January 6, 2013 at 14:56:00 UTC the Moon is at its zenith at
The ground speed of the movement is currently 432.08 meters/second, 1555.5 km/hour, 966.5 miles/hour or 839.9 knots. The table below shows the Moon position compared to the time and date above:
|Time||Longitude difference||Latitude difference||Total|
|1 minute||0° 14' 27.0"||16.11 mi||West||0° 00' 09.0"||0.17 mi||South||16.11 mi|
|1 hour||14° 27' 06.3"||966.26 mi||West||0° 08' 59.7"||10.31 mi||South||965.98 mi|
|24 hours||13° 33' 34.5"||906.63 mi||East||3° 10' 36.5"||218.45 mi||South||925.63 mi|
Locations with the moon near zenith
The following table shows 10 locations with moon near zenith position in the sky.
|Easter Island *||Sun 9:56 AM||1631 km||1014 miles||881 nm||SSE|
|Adamstown||Sun 6:56 AM||1687 km||1048 miles||911 nm||SW|
|Papeete||Sun 4:56 AM||3372 km||2095 miles||1821 nm||W|
|Galapagos Islands||Sun 8:56 AM||3495 km||2172 miles||1887 nm||ENE|
|Mexico City||Sun 8:56 AM||4324 km||2687 miles||2335 nm||NNE|
|Lima||Sun 9:56 AM||4453 km||2767 miles||2404 nm||E|
|Guatemala||Sun 8:56 AM||4454 km||2768 miles||2405 nm||NE|
|Rarotonga||Sun 4:56 AM||4455 km||2768 miles||2405 nm||WSW|
|San Salvador||Sun 8:56 AM||4486 km||2787 miles||2422 nm||NE|
|Managua||Sun 8:56 AM||4610 km||2865 miles||2489 nm||NE|
- Seasons Calculator
- Moon Calculator – Find times for moonrise, moonset and more
- Moon Phase Calculator – Calculate moon phases for any year
- Sunrise Calculator – Find times for sunrise, sunset and more
Related time zone tools
- The World Clock – Current times around the world
- Personal World Clock – Shows just the cities you need
- Meeting Planner – Find a suitable time for an international meeting
- Time Zone Converter – If it is 3 pm in New York, what time is it in Sydney?
- Event Time Announcer/Fixed Time – Show local times worldwide for your event.