Moon Light World Map
The map below shows where the Moon is visible from the Earth, depending on weather conditions and moon phases.
UTC time = Sunday, January 6, 2013 at 3:34:00 PM.
= The Sun's position directly overhead (zenith) in relation to an observer.
= The Moon's position at its zenith in relation to an observer (Moon phase is not shown).
Fraction of moon illuminated: 34%
|Previous phase||Third Quarter||Saturday, January 5, 2013 at 3:59 AM|
|Next phase||New Moon||Friday, January 11, 2013 at 7:45 PM|
Position of the Moon
On Sunday, January 6, 2013 at 15:34:00 UTC the Moon is at its zenith at
The ground speed of the movement is currently 431.86 meters/second, 1554.7 km/hour, 966.1 miles/hour or 839.5 knots. The table below shows the Moon position compared to the time and date above:
|Time||Longitude difference||Latitude difference||Total|
|1 minute||0° 14' 27.0"||16.10 mi||West||0° 00' 09.0"||0.17 mi||South||16.10 mi|
|1 hour||14° 27' 03.0"||965.78 mi||West||0° 08' 56.7"||10.25 mi||South||965.49 mi|
|24 hours||13° 34' 53.4"||907.70 mi||East||3° 09' 07.9"||216.76 mi||South||926.27 mi|
Locations with the moon near zenith
The following table shows 10 locations with moon near zenith position in the sky.
|Adamstown||Sun 7:34 AM||1158 km||720 miles||625 nm||SSW|
|Easter Island *||Sun 10:34 AM||2293 km||1425 miles||1238 nm||SE|
|Papeete||Sun 5:34 AM||2399 km||1491 miles||1295 nm||W|
|Rarotonga||Sun 5:34 AM||3504 km||2177 miles||1892 nm||WSW|
|Kiritimati||Mon 5:34 AM||3799 km||2361 miles||2051 nm||WNW|
|Alofi||Sun 4:34 AM||4554 km||2830 miles||2459 nm||WSW|
|Apia *||Mon 5:34 AM||4793 km||2978 miles||2588 nm||W|
|Mexico City||Sun 9:34 AM||4894 km||3041 miles||2643 nm||NE|
|Nukualofa||Mon 4:34 AM||5103 km||3171 miles||2755 nm||WSW|
|Guatemala||Sun 9:34 AM||5200 km||3231 miles||2808 nm||NE|
- Seasons Calculator
- Moon Calculator – Find times for moonrise, moonset and more
- Moon Phase Calculator – Calculate moon phases for any year
- Sunrise Calculator – Find times for sunrise, sunset and more
Related time zone tools
- The World Clock – Current times around the world
- Personal World Clock – Shows just the cities you need
- Meeting Planner – Find a suitable time for an international meeting
- Time Zone Converter – If it is 3 pm in New York, what time is it in Sydney?
- Event Time Announcer/Fixed Time – Show local times worldwide for your event.