Moon Light World Map
The map below shows where the Moon is visible from the Earth, depending on weather conditions and moon phases.
UTC time = Sunday, January 6, 2013 at 3:58:00 PM.
= The Sun's position directly overhead (zenith) in relation to an observer.
= The Moon's position at its zenith in relation to an observer (Moon phase is not shown).
Fraction of moon illuminated: 34%
|Previous phase||Third Quarter||Saturday, January 5, 2013 at 3:59 AM|
|Next phase||New Moon||Friday, January 11, 2013 at 7:45 PM|
Position of the Moon
On Sunday, January 6, 2013 at 15:58:00 UTC the Moon is at its zenith at
The ground speed of the movement is currently 431.73 meters/second, 1554.2 km/hour, 965.7 miles/hour or 839.2 knots. The table below shows the Moon position compared to the time and date above:
|Time||Longitude difference||Latitude difference||Total|
|1 minute||0° 14' 27.0"||16.09 mi||West||0° 00' 09.0"||0.17 mi||South||16.10 mi|
|1 hour||14° 27' 00.9"||965.47 mi||West||0° 08' 54.7"||10.21 mi||South||965.19 mi|
|24 hours||13° 35' 43.1"||908.37 mi||East||3° 08' 11.5"||215.68 mi||South||926.68 mi|
Locations with the moon near zenith
The following table shows 10 locations with moon near zenith position in the sky.
|Gambier Islands||Sun 6:58 AM||921 km||572 miles||497 nm||SSW|
|Taiohae||Sun 6:28 AM||967 km||601 miles||522 nm||NW|
|Adamstown||Sun 7:58 AM||1155 km||718 miles||624 nm||SSE|
|Papeete||Sun 5:58 AM||1787 km||1110 miles||965 nm||WSW|
|Easter Island *||Sun 10:58 AM||2796 km||1737 miles||1510 nm||ESE|
|Rarotonga||Sun 5:58 AM||2907 km||1806 miles||1570 nm||WSW|
|Kiritimati||Mon 5:58 AM||3262 km||2027 miles||1762 nm||WNW|
|Alofi||Sun 4:58 AM||3944 km||2451 miles||2130 nm||WSW|
|Apia *||Mon 5:58 AM||4173 km||2593 miles||2253 nm||W|
|Fakaofo||Mon 4:58 AM||4194 km||2606 miles||2264 nm||W|
- Seasons Calculator
- Moon Calculator – Find times for moonrise, moonset and more
- Moon Phase Calculator/Calendar – Calculate moon phases for any year
- Sunrise Calculator – Find times for sunrise, sunset and more
Related Time Zone Tools
- The World Clock – Current times around the world
- Personal World Clock – Shows just the cities you need
- Meeting Planner – Find a suitable time for an international meeting
- Time Zone Converter – If it is 3 pm in New York, what time is it in Sydney?
- Event Time Announcer/Fixed Time – Show local times worldwide for your event.