Moon Light World Map
The map below shows where the Moon is visible from the Earth, depending on weather conditions and moon phases.
UTC time = Monday, January 7, 2013 at 12:16:00 AM.
= The Sun's position directly overhead (zenith) in relation to an observer.
= The Moon's position at its zenith in relation to an observer (Moon phase is not shown).
Fraction of moon illuminated: 30%
|Previous phase||Third Quarter||Saturday, January 5, 2013 at 3:59 AM|
|Next phase||New Moon||Friday, January 11, 2013 at 7:45 PM|
Position of the Moon
On Monday, January 7, 2013 at 00:16:00 UTC the Moon is at its zenith at
The ground speed of the movement is currently 428.88 meters/second, 1544.0 km/hour, 959.4 miles/hour or 833.7 knots. The table below shows the Moon position compared to the time and date above:
|Time||Longitude difference||Latitude difference||Total|
|1 minute||0° 14' 26.3"||15.99 mi||West||0° 00' 08.2"||0.16 mi||South||15.99 mi|
|1 hour||14° 26' 17.1"||959.09 mi||West||0° 08' 10.8"||9.38 mi||South||958.80 mi|
|24 hours||13° 52' 42.1"||921.92 mi||East||2° 47' 30.4"||191.99 mi||South||934.94 mi|
Locations with the moon near zenith
The following table shows 10 locations with moon near zenith position in the sky.
|The Settlement||Mon 7:16 AM||657 km||408 miles||355 nm||NNW|
|Bandung||Mon 7:16 AM||1028 km||639 miles||555 nm||N|
|Surakarta||Mon 7:16 AM||1039 km||646 miles||561 nm||NNE|
|Semarang||Mon 7:16 AM||1083 km||673 miles||585 nm||NNE|
|Malang||Mon 7:16 AM||1093 km||679 miles||590 nm||NE|
|Jakarta||Mon 7:16 AM||1113 km||692 miles||601 nm||N|
|Surabaya||Mon 7:16 AM||1166 km||725 miles||630 nm||NNE|
|Denpasar||Mon 8:16 AM||1218 km||757 miles||658 nm||NE|
|Bengkulu||Mon 7:16 AM||1470 km||913 miles||793 nm||NNW|
|Palembang||Mon 7:16 AM||1483 km||921 miles||801 nm||N|
- Seasons Calculator
- Moon Calculator – Find times for moonrise, moonset and more
- Moon Phase Calculator/Calendar – Calculate moon phases for any year
- Sunrise Calculator – Find times for sunrise, sunset and more
Related Time Zone Tools
- The World Clock – Current times around the world
- Personal World Clock – Shows just the cities you need
- Meeting Planner – Find a suitable time for an international meeting
- Time Zone Converter – If it is 3 pm in New York, what time is it in Sydney?
- Event Time Announcer/Fixed Time – Show local times worldwide for your event.