Moon Light World Map
The map below shows where the Moon is visible from the Earth, depending on weather conditions and moon phases.
UTC time = Monday, January 7, 2013 at 12:34:00 AM.
= The Sun's position directly overhead (zenith) in relation to an observer.
= The Moon's position at its zenith in relation to an observer (Moon phase is not shown).
Fraction of moon illuminated: 30%
|Previous phase||Third Quarter||Saturday, January 5, 2013 at 3:59 AM|
|Next phase||New Moon||Friday, January 11, 2013 at 7:45 PM|
Position of the Moon
On Monday, January 7, 2013 at 00:34:00 UTC the Moon is at its zenith at
The ground speed of the movement is currently 428.78 meters/second, 1543.6 km/hour, 959.2 miles/hour or 833.5 knots. The table below shows the Moon position compared to the time and date above:
|Time||Longitude difference||Latitude difference||Total|
|1 minute||0° 14' 26.3"||15.99 mi||West||0° 00' 08.2"||0.16 mi||South||15.99 mi|
|1 hour||14° 26' 15.6"||958.86 mi||West||0° 08' 09.2"||9.34 mi||South||958.57 mi|
|24 hours||13° 53' 18.2"||922.39 mi||East||2° 46' 43.1"||191.09 mi||South||935.23 mi|
Locations with the moon near zenith
The following table shows 10 locations with moon near zenith position in the sky.
|The Settlement||Mon 7:34 AM||719 km||447 miles||388 nm||NNE|
|Bandung||Mon 7:34 AM||1160 km||721 miles||626 nm||NNE|
|Jakarta||Mon 7:34 AM||1203 km||747 miles||649 nm||NNE|
|Surakarta||Mon 7:34 AM||1303 km||810 miles||703 nm||NE|
|Semarang||Mon 7:34 AM||1322 km||822 miles||714 nm||NE|
|Bengkulu||Mon 7:34 AM||1378 km||856 miles||744 nm||N|
|Malang||Mon 7:34 AM||1413 km||878 miles||763 nm||NE|
|Surabaya||Mon 7:34 AM||1475 km||916 miles||796 nm||NE|
|Palembang||Mon 7:34 AM||1483 km||921 miles||801 nm||N|
|Denpasar||Mon 8:34 AM||1595 km||991 miles||861 nm||ENE|
- Seasons Calculator
- Moon Calculator – Find times for moonrise, moonset and more
- Moon Phase Calculator – Calculate moon phases for any year
- Sunrise Calculator – Find times for sunrise, sunset and more
Related time zone tools
- The World Clock – Current times around the world
- Personal World Clock – Shows just the cities you need
- Meeting Planner – Find a suitable time for an international meeting
- Time Zone Converter – If it is 3 pm in New York, what time is it in Sydney?
- Event Time Announcer/Fixed Time – Show local times worldwide for your event.