Moon Light World Map
The map below shows where the Moon is visible from the Earth, depending on weather conditions and moon phases.
UTC time = Monday, January 7, 2013 at 4:34:00 AM.
= The Sun's position directly overhead (zenith) in relation to an observer.
= The Moon's position at its zenith in relation to an observer (Moon phase is not shown).
Fraction of moon illuminated: 28%
|Previous phase||Third Quarter||Saturday, January 5, 2013 at 3:59 AM|
|Next phase||New Moon||Friday, January 11, 2013 at 7:45 PM|
Position of the Moon
On Monday, January 7, 2013 at 04:34:00 UTC the Moon is at its zenith at
The ground speed of the movement is currently 427.43 meters/second, 1538.7 km/hour, 956.1 miles/hour or 830.9 knots. The table below shows the Moon position compared to the time and date above:
|Time||Longitude difference||Latitude difference||Total|
|1 minute||0° 14' 25.9"||15.93 mi||West||0° 00' 07.7"||0.15 mi||South||15.94 mi|
|1 hour||14° 25' 54.6"||955.83 mi||West||0° 07' 45.9"||8.90 mi||South||955.55 mi|
|24 hours||14° 01' 13.1"||928.59 mi||East||2° 35' 55.1"||178.72 mi||South||939.07 mi|
Locations with the moon near zenith
The following table shows 10 locations with moon near zenith position in the sky.
|Mahajanga||Mon 7:34 AM||183 km||114 miles||99 nm||NE|
|Antananarivo||Mon 7:34 AM||358 km||222 miles||193 nm||SE|
|Antsirabe||Mon 7:34 AM||405 km||251 miles||218 nm||SSE|
|Mamoutzou||Mon 7:34 AM||443 km||275 miles||239 nm||N|
|Toamasina||Mon 7:34 AM||493 km||306 miles||266 nm||ESE|
|Mutsamudu||Mon 7:34 AM||514 km||320 miles||278 nm||N|
|Fomboni||Mon 7:34 AM||515 km||320 miles||278 nm||NNW|
|Fianarantsoa||Mon 7:34 AM||563 km||350 miles||304 nm||SSE|
|Moroni||Mon 7:34 AM||593 km||368 miles||320 nm||NNW|
|Pemba||Mon 6:34 AM||640 km||398 miles||345 nm||NW|
- Seasons Calculator
- Moon Calculator – Find times for moonrise, moonset and more
- Moon Phase Calculator/Calendar – Calculate moon phases for any year
- Sunrise Calculator – Find times for sunrise, sunset and more
Related Time Zone Tools
- The World Clock – Current times around the world
- Personal World Clock – Shows just the cities you need
- Meeting Planner – Find a suitable time for an international meeting
- Time Zone Converter – If it is 3 pm in New York, what time is it in Sydney?
- Event Time Announcer/Fixed Time – Show local times worldwide for your event.