Moon Light World Map
The map below shows where the Moon is visible from the Earth, depending on weather conditions and moon phases.
UTC time = Monday, January 7, 2013 at 7:34:00 AM.
= The Sun's position directly overhead (zenith) in relation to an observer.
= The Moon's position at its zenith in relation to an observer (Moon phase is not shown).
Fraction of moon illuminated: 27%
|Previous phase||Third Quarter||Saturday, January 5, 2013 at 3:59 AM|
|Next phase||New Moon||Friday, January 11, 2013 at 7:45 PM|
Position of the Moon
On Monday, January 7, 2013 at 07:34:00 UTC the Moon is at its zenith at
The ground speed of the movement is currently 426.43 meters/second, 1535.2 km/hour, 953.9 miles/hour or 828.9 knots. The table below shows the Moon position compared to the time and date above:
|Time||Longitude difference||Latitude difference||Total|
|1 minute||0° 14' 25.7"||15.90 mi||West||0° 00' 07.5"||0.14 mi||South||15.90 mi|
|1 hour||14° 25' 39.0"||953.60 mi||West||0° 07' 27.6"||8.55 mi||South||953.32 mi|
|24 hours||14° 06' 59.6"||933.06 mi||East||2° 27' 29.5"||169.07 mi||South||941.88 mi|
Locations with the moon near zenith
The following table shows 10 locations with moon near zenith position in the sky.
|Jamestown||Mon 7:34 AM||803 km||499 miles||434 nm||W|
|Luanda||Mon 8:34 AM||1553 km||965 miles||838 nm||NE|
|Windhoek *||Mon 9:34 AM||1718 km||1067 miles||928 nm||ESE|
|São Tomé||Mon 7:34 AM||2013 km||1251 miles||1087 nm||NNE|
|Kinshasa||Mon 8:34 AM||2055 km||1277 miles||1110 nm||NE|
|Brazzaville||Mon 8:34 AM||2057 km||1278 miles||1111 nm||NE|
|Libreville||Mon 8:34 AM||2120 km||1317 miles||1145 nm||NNE|
|Malabo||Mon 8:34 AM||2440 km||1516 miles||1318 nm||NNE|
|Cape Town||Mon 9:34 AM||2497 km||1552 miles||1349 nm||SE|
|Accra||Mon 7:34 AM||2520 km||1566 miles||1361 nm||N|
- Seasons Calculator
- Moon Calculator – Find times for moonrise, moonset and more
- Moon Phase Calculator – Calculate moon phases for any year
- Sunrise Calculator – Find times for sunrise, sunset and more
Related time zone tools
- The World Clock – Current times around the world
- Personal World Clock – Shows just the cities you need
- Meeting Planner – Find a suitable time for an international meeting
- Time Zone Converter – If it is 3 pm in New York, what time is it in Sydney?
- Event Time Announcer/Fixed Time – Show local times worldwide for your event.