Moon Light World Map
The map below shows where the Moon is visible from the Earth, depending on weather conditions and moon phases.
UTC time = Monday, January 7, 2013 at 8:24:00 AM.
= The Sun's position directly overhead (zenith) in relation to an observer.
= The Moon's position at its zenith in relation to an observer (Moon phase is not shown).
Fraction of moon illuminated: 26%
|Previous phase||Third Quarter||Saturday, January 5, 2013 at 3:59 AM|
|Next phase||New Moon||Friday, January 11, 2013 at 7:45 PM|
Position of the Moon
On Monday, January 7, 2013 at 08:24:00 UTC the Moon is at its zenith at
The ground speed of the movement is currently 426.16 meters/second, 1534.2 km/hour, 953.3 miles/hour or 828.4 knots. The table below shows the Moon position compared to the time and date above:
|Time||Longitude difference||Latitude difference||Total|
|1 minute||0° 14' 25.5"||15.89 mi||West||0° 00' 07.4"||0.14 mi||South||15.89 mi|
|1 hour||14° 25' 34.8"||952.99 mi||West||0° 07' 22.4"||8.45 mi||South||952.71 mi|
|24 hours||14° 08' 34.3"||934.27 mi||East||2° 25' 06.3"||166.33 mi||South||942.64 mi|
Locations with the moon near zenith
The following table shows 10 locations with moon near zenith position in the sky.
|Jamestown||Mon 8:24 AM||514 km||319 miles||277 nm||ENE|
|Abidjan||Mon 8:24 AM||2592 km||1611 miles||1400 nm||NNE|
|Monrovia||Mon 8:24 AM||2608 km||1621 miles||1408 nm||N|
|São Tomé||Mon 8:24 AM||2700 km||1677 miles||1458 nm||NE|
|Luanda||Mon 9:24 AM||2717 km||1688 miles||1467 nm||ENE|
|Yamoussoukro||Mon 8:24 AM||2721 km||1691 miles||1469 nm||NNE|
|Accra||Mon 8:24 AM||2757 km||1713 miles||1489 nm||NNE|
|Freetown||Mon 8:24 AM||2866 km||1781 miles||1547 nm||N|
|Lomé||Mon 8:24 AM||2882 km||1791 miles||1556 nm||NNE|
|Libreville||Mon 9:24 AM||2919 km||1814 miles||1576 nm||NE|
- Seasons Calculator
- Moon Calculator – Find times for moonrise, moonset and more
- Moon Phase Calculator – Calculate moon phases for any year
- Sunrise Calculator – Find times for sunrise, sunset and more
Related time zone tools
- The World Clock – Current times around the world
- Personal World Clock – Shows just the cities you need
- Meeting Planner – Find a suitable time for an international meeting
- Time Zone Converter – If it is 3 pm in New York, what time is it in Sydney?
- Event Time Announcer/Fixed Time – Show local times worldwide for your event.