Moon Light World Map
The map below shows where the Moon is visible from the Earth, depending on weather conditions and moon phases.
UTC time = Monday, January 7, 2013 at 11:16:00 AM.
= The Sun's position directly overhead (zenith) in relation to an observer.
= The Moon's position at its zenith in relation to an observer (Moon phase is not shown).
Fraction of moon illuminated: 25%
|Previous phase||Third Quarter||Saturday, January 5, 2013 at 3:59 AM|
|Next phase||New Moon||Friday, January 11, 2013 at 7:45 PM|
Position of the Moon
On Monday, January 7, 2013 at 11:16:00 UTC the Moon is at its zenith at
The ground speed of the movement is currently 425.23 meters/second, 1530.8 km/hour, 951.2 miles/hour or 826.6 knots. The table below shows the Moon position compared to the time and date above:
|Time||Longitude difference||Latitude difference||Total|
|1 minute||0° 14' 25.4"||15.85 mi||West||0° 00' 07.1"||0.14 mi||South||15.85 mi|
|1 hour||14° 25' 20.0"||950.91 mi||West||0° 07' 03.9"||8.10 mi||South||950.63 mi|
|24 hours||14° 13' 53.6"||938.34 mi||East||2° 16' 43.5"||156.73 mi||South||945.24 mi|
Locations with the moon near zenith
The following table shows 10 locations with moon near zenith position in the sky.
|Barra do Garças||Mon 8:16 AM||200 km||124 miles||108 nm||NNW|
|Goiânia *||Mon 9:16 AM||278 km||173 miles||150 nm||ENE|
|Brasilia *||Mon 9:16 AM||452 km||281 miles||244 nm||ENE|
|Pirassununga *||Mon 9:16 AM||659 km||409 miles||356 nm||SE|
|São Paulo *||Mon 9:16 AM||842 km||523 miles||455 nm||SE|
|San Ignacio de Velasco||Mon 7:16 AM||998 km||620 miles||539 nm||W|
|Asuncion *||Mon 8:16 AM||1050 km||652 miles||567 nm||SW|
|Rio de Janeiro *||Mon 9:16 AM||1067 km||663 miles||576 nm||SE|
|Sucre||Mon 7:16 AM||1444 km||897 miles||780 nm||W|
|Salvador||Mon 8:16 AM||1506 km||936 miles||813 nm||ENE|
- Seasons Calculator
- Moon Calculator – Find times for moonrise, moonset and more
- Moon Phase Calculator – Calculate moon phases for any year
- Sunrise Calculator – Find times for sunrise, sunset and more
Related time zone tools
- The World Clock – Current times around the world
- Personal World Clock – Shows just the cities you need
- Meeting Planner – Find a suitable time for an international meeting
- Time Zone Converter – If it is 3 pm in New York, what time is it in Sydney?
- Event Time Announcer/Fixed Time – Show local times worldwide for your event.