Moon Light World Map
The map below shows where the Moon is visible from the Earth, depending on weather conditions and moon phases.
UTC time = Monday, January 7, 2013 at 11:36:00 AM.
= The Sun's position directly overhead (zenith) in relation to an observer.
= The Moon's position at its zenith in relation to an observer (Moon phase is not shown).
Fraction of moon illuminated: 25%
|Previous phase||Third Quarter||Saturday, January 5, 2013 at 3:59 AM|
|Next phase||New Moon||Friday, January 11, 2013 at 7:45 PM|
Position of the Moon
On Monday, January 7, 2013 at 11:36:00 UTC the Moon is at its zenith at
The ground speed of the movement is currently 425.13 meters/second, 1530.5 km/hour, 951.0 miles/hour or 826.4 knots. The table below shows the Moon position compared to the time and date above:
|Time||Longitude difference||Latitude difference||Total|
|1 minute||0° 14' 25.2"||15.85 mi||West||0° 00' 07.1"||0.14 mi||South||15.85 mi|
|1 hour||14° 25' 18.3"||950.67 mi||West||0° 07' 01.8"||8.06 mi||South||950.39 mi|
|24 hours||14° 14' 30.1"||938.80 mi||East||2° 15' 44.2"||155.60 mi||South||945.54 mi|
Locations with the moon near zenith
The following table shows 10 locations with moon near zenith position in the sky.
|Cuiabá *||Mon 8:36 AM||231 km||143 miles||125 nm||N|
|Barra do Garças||Mon 8:36 AM||491 km||305 miles||265 nm||ENE|
|San Ignacio de Velasco||Mon 7:36 AM||497 km||309 miles||268 nm||WNW|
|Asuncion *||Mon 8:36 AM||853 km||530 miles||461 nm||S|
|Brasilia *||Mon 9:36 AM||940 km||584 miles||508 nm||ENE|
|Sucre||Mon 7:36 AM||940 km||584 miles||508 nm||W|
|São Paulo *||Mon 9:36 AM||1217 km||756 miles||657 nm||SE|
|Guarulhos *||Mon 9:36 AM||1220 km||758 miles||659 nm||ESE|
|La Paz||Mon 7:36 AM||1246 km||774 miles||673 nm||W|
|Rio Branco||Mon 7:36 AM||1490 km||926 miles||805 nm||WNW|
- Seasons Calculator
- Moon Calculator – Find times for moonrise, moonset and more
- Moon Phase Calculator – Calculate moon phases for any year
- Sunrise Calculator – Find times for sunrise, sunset and more
Related time zone tools
- The World Clock – Current times around the world
- Personal World Clock – Shows just the cities you need
- Meeting Planner – Find a suitable time for an international meeting
- Time Zone Converter – If it is 3 pm in New York, what time is it in Sydney?
- Event Time Announcer/Fixed Time – Show local times worldwide for your event.