Moon Light World Map
The map below shows where the Moon is visible from the Earth, depending on weather conditions and moon phases.
UTC time = Monday, January 7, 2013 at 5:26:00 PM.
= The Sun's position directly overhead (zenith) in relation to an observer.
= The Moon's position at its zenith in relation to an observer (Moon phase is not shown).
Fraction of moon illuminated: 23%
|Previous phase||Third Quarter||Saturday, January 5, 2013 at 3:59 AM|
|Next phase||New Moon||Friday, January 11, 2013 at 7:45 PM|
Position of the Moon
On Monday, January 7, 2013 at 17:26:00 UTC the Moon is at its zenith at
The ground speed is currently 423.32 meters/second, 1523.9 kilometres/hour, 946.9 miles/hour or 822.9 nautical miles/hour (knots). The table below shows position of the the Moon compared to the time and date above:
|Time||Longitude Difference||Latitude Difference||Total|
|1 minute||0° 14' 24.8"||15.78 mi||West||0° 00' 06.3"||0.12 mi||South||15.78 mi|
|1 hour||14° 24' 49.3"||946.61 mi||West||0° 06' 22.0"||7.30 mi||South||946.35 mi|
|24 hours||14° 24' 43.5"||946.50 mi||East||1° 57' 54.1"||135.16 mi||South||950.60 mi|
Locations with the Moon near zenith
The following table shows 10 locations with moon near zenith position in the sky.
|Gambier Islands||Mon 8:26 AM||794 km||493 miles||429 nm||SE|
|Papeete||Mon 7:26 AM||954 km||593 miles||515 nm||W|
|Adamstown||Mon 9:26 AM||1318 km||819 miles||712 nm||SE|
|Rarotonga||Mon 7:26 AM||2035 km||1264 miles||1099 nm||WSW|
|Kiritimati||Tue 7:26 AM||2888 km||1795 miles||1560 nm||NW|
|Alofi||Mon 6:26 AM||3091 km||1921 miles||1669 nm||W|
|Easter Island *||Mon 12:26 PM||3345 km||2079 miles||1806 nm||ESE|
|Apia *||Tue 7:26 AM||3368 km||2093 miles||1819 nm||W|
|Fakaofo||Tue 6:26 AM||3448 km||2142 miles||1862 nm||WNW|
|Nukualofa||Tue 6:26 AM||3634 km||2258 miles||1962 nm||W|
- Seasons Calculator
- Moon Calculator – Find times for moonrise, moonset and more
- Moon Phase Calculator/Calendar – Calculate moon phases for any year
- Sunrise Calculator – Find times for sunrise, sunset and more
Related Time Zone Tools
- The World Clock – Current times around the world
- Personal World Clock – Shows just the cities you need
- Meeting Planner – Find a suitable time for an international meeting
- Time Zone Converter – If it is 3 pm in New York, what time is it in Sydney?
- Event Time Announcer/Fixed Time – Show local times worldwide for your event.