Moon Light World Map
The map below shows where the Moon is visible from the Earth, depending on weather conditions and moon phases.
UTC time = Monday, January 7, 2013 at 6:26:00 PM.
= The Sun's position directly overhead (zenith) in relation to an observer.
= The Moon's position at its zenith in relation to an observer (Moon phase is not shown).
Fraction of moon illuminated: 22%
|Previous phase||Third Quarter||Saturday, January 5, 2013 at 3:59 AM|
|Next phase||New Moon||Friday, January 11, 2013 at 7:45 PM|
Position of the Moon
On Monday, January 7, 2013 at 18:26:00 UTC the Moon is at its zenith at
The ground speed of the movement is currently 423.02 meters/second, 1522.9 km/hour, 946.3 miles/hour or 822.3 knots. The table below shows the Moon position compared to the time and date above:
|Time||Longitude difference||Latitude difference||Total|
|1 minute||0° 14' 24.7"||15.77 mi||West||0° 00' 06.2"||0.12 mi||South||15.77 mi|
|1 hour||14° 24' 44.4"||945.94 mi||West||0° 06' 15.1"||7.17 mi||South||945.68 mi|
|24 hours||14° 26' 23.3"||947.74 mi||East||1° 54' 45.1"||131.55 mi||South||951.43 mi|
Locations with the moon near zenith
The following table shows 10 locations with moon near zenith position in the sky.
|Papeete||Mon 8:26 AM||585 km||363 miles||316 nm||E|
|Rarotonga||Mon 8:26 AM||589 km||366 miles||318 nm||WSW|
|Alofi||Mon 7:26 AM||1574 km||978 miles||850 nm||W|
|Apia *||Tue 8:26 AM||1862 km||1157 miles||1006 nm||WNW|
|Fakaofo||Tue 7:26 AM||2014 km||1252 miles||1088 nm||WNW|
|Nukualofa||Tue 7:26 AM||2136 km||1327 miles||1153 nm||WSW|
|Kiritimati||Tue 8:26 AM||2258 km||1403 miles||1219 nm||N|
|Adamstown||Mon 10:26 AM||2675 km||1662 miles||1444 nm||ESE|
|Suva *||Tue 7:26 AM||2807 km||1744 miles||1516 nm||W|
|Funafuti||Tue 6:26 AM||2995 km||1861 miles||1617 nm||WNW|
- Seasons Calculator
- Moon Calculator – Find times for moonrise, moonset and more
- Moon Phase Calculator/Calendar – Calculate moon phases for any year
- Sunrise Calculator – Find times for sunrise, sunset and more
Related Time Zone Tools
- The World Clock – Current times around the world
- Personal World Clock – Shows just the cities you need
- Meeting Planner – Find a suitable time for an international meeting
- Time Zone Converter – If it is 3 pm in New York, what time is it in Sydney?
- Event Time Announcer/Fixed Time – Show local times worldwide for your event.