Moon Light World Map
The map below shows where the Moon is visible from the Earth, depending on weather conditions and moon phases.
UTC time = Monday, January 7, 2013 at 6:36:00 PM.
= The Sun's position directly overhead (zenith) in relation to an observer.
= The Moon's position at its zenith in relation to an observer (Moon phase is not shown).
Fraction of moon illuminated: 22%
|Previous phase||Third Quarter||Saturday, January 5, 2013 at 3:59 AM|
|Next phase||New Moon||Friday, January 11, 2013 at 7:45 PM|
Position of the Moon
On Monday, January 7, 2013 at 18:36:00 UTC the Moon is at its zenith at
The ground speed of the movement is currently 422.97 meters/second, 1522.7 km/hour, 946.2 miles/hour or 822.2 knots. The table below shows the Moon position compared to the time and date above:
|Time||Longitude difference||Latitude difference||Total|
|1 minute||0° 14' 24.7"||15.77 mi||West||0° 00' 06.2"||0.12 mi||South||15.77 mi|
|1 hour||14° 24' 43.6"||945.83 mi||West||0° 06' 13.8"||7.14 mi||South||945.57 mi|
|24 hours||14° 26' 39.9"||947.95 mi||East||1° 54' 13.4"||130.95 mi||South||951.57 mi|
Locations with the moon near zenith
The following table shows 10 locations with moon near zenith position in the sky.
|Rarotonga||Mon 8:36 AM||397 km||247 miles||214 nm||SW|
|Papeete||Mon 8:36 AM||837 km||520 miles||452 nm||E|
|Alofi||Mon 7:36 AM||1321 km||821 miles||713 nm||W|
|Apia *||Tue 8:36 AM||1617 km||1005 miles||873 nm||WNW|
|Fakaofo||Tue 7:36 AM||1795 km||1115 miles||969 nm||WNW|
|Nukualofa||Tue 7:36 AM||1887 km||1173 miles||1019 nm||WSW|
|Kiritimati||Tue 8:36 AM||2245 km||1395 miles||1212 nm||N|
|Suva *||Tue 7:36 AM||2553 km||1587 miles||1379 nm||W|
|Funafuti||Tue 6:36 AM||2756 km||1712 miles||1488 nm||WNW|
|Adamstown||Mon 10:36 AM||2913 km||1810 miles||1573 nm||ESE|
- Seasons Calculator
- Moon Calculator – Find times for moonrise, moonset and more
- Moon Phase Calculator – Calculate moon phases for any year
- Sunrise Calculator – Find times for sunrise, sunset and more
Related time zone tools
- The World Clock – Current times around the world
- Personal World Clock – Shows just the cities you need
- Meeting Planner – Find a suitable time for an international meeting
- Time Zone Converter – If it is 3 pm in New York, what time is it in Sydney?
- Event Time Announcer/Fixed Time – Show local times worldwide for your event.