Moon Light World Map
The map below shows where the Moon is visible from the Earth, depending on weather conditions and moon phases.
UTC time = Monday, January 7, 2013 at 7:26:00 PM.
= The Sun's position directly overhead (zenith) in relation to an observer.
= The Moon's position at its zenith in relation to an observer (Moon phase is not shown).
Fraction of moon illuminated: 22%
|Previous phase||Third Quarter||Saturday, January 5, 2013 at 3:59 AM|
|Next phase||New Moon||Friday, January 11, 2013 at 7:45 PM|
Position of the Moon
On Monday, January 7, 2013 at 19:26:00 UTC the Moon is at its zenith at
The ground speed of the movement is currently 422.72 meters/second, 1521.8 km/hour, 945.6 miles/hour or 821.7 knots. The table below shows the Moon position compared to the time and date above:
|Time||Longitude difference||Latitude difference||Total|
|1 minute||0° 14' 24.6"||15.76 mi||West||0° 00' 06.1"||0.12 mi||South||15.76 mi|
|1 hour||14° 24' 39.6"||945.28 mi||West||0° 06' 07.8"||7.03 mi||South||945.02 mi|
|24 hours||14° 28' 01.5"||948.96 mi||East||1° 51' 34.4"||127.91 mi||South||952.25 mi|
Locations with the moon near zenith
The following table shows 10 locations with moon near zenith position in the sky.
|Alofi||Mon 8:26 AM||79 km||49 miles||43 nm||SW|
|Neiafu||Tue 8:26 AM||482 km||299 miles||260 nm||W|
|Pago Pago||Mon 8:26 AM||489 km||304 miles||264 nm||NNW|
|Pangai||Tue 8:26 AM||538 km||334 miles||291 nm||WSW|
|Apia *||Tue 9:26 AM||576 km||358 miles||311 nm||NNW|
|Salelologa (Savai'i) *||Tue 9:26 AM||608 km||378 miles||328 nm||NNW|
|Nukualofa||Tue 8:26 AM||671 km||417 miles||362 nm||WSW|
|Mata-Utu||Tue 7:26 AM||925 km||574 miles||499 nm||NW|
|Fakaofo||Tue 8:26 AM||1031 km||641 miles||557 nm||N|
|Rarotonga||Mon 9:26 AM||1053 km||655 miles||569 nm||ESE|
- Seasons Calculator
- Moon Calculator – Find times for moonrise, moonset and more
- Moon Phase Calculator/Calendar – Calculate moon phases for any year
- Sunrise Calculator – Find times for sunrise, sunset and more
Related Time Zone Tools
- The World Clock – Current times around the world
- Personal World Clock – Shows just the cities you need
- Meeting Planner – Find a suitable time for an international meeting
- Time Zone Converter – If it is 3 pm in New York, what time is it in Sydney?
- Event Time Announcer/Fixed Time – Show local times worldwide for your event.