Moon Light World Map
The map below shows where the Moon is visible from the Earth, depending on weather conditions and moon phases.
The white dot symbolizes the position of the Moon, and the yellow sun symbolizes the position of the sun.
Change time and date
|< 4 weeks||4 weeks >||March equinox|
|< 1 day||1 day >||June solstice|
|< 12 hours||12 hours >||September equinox|
|< 6 hours||6 hours >||December solstice|
|< 1 hour||1 hour >||Now/Current time|
|< 10 minutes||10 minutes >|
- The bright part of the map shows where the moon is over the horizon on Monday, January 7, 2013 at 20:34:00 UTC.
- The Sun's position is marked with this symbol: . At this location, the Sun will be at its zenith (directly overhead) in relation to an observer.
- The Moon's position is marked with this symbol: . At this location, the Moon will be at its zenith in relation to an observer. Note that the symbol is not showing the current phase of the Moon.
Fraction of moon illuminated: 21%
|Previous phase||Third Quarter||Saturday, January 5, 2013 at 3:59 AM|
|Next phase||New Moon||Friday, January 11, 2013 at 7:45 PM|
Position of the Moon
On Monday, January 7, 2013 at 20:34:00 UTC the Moon is at its zenith at
The ground speed of the movement is currently 422.39 meters/second, 1520.6 km/hour, 944.9 miles/hour or 821.1 knots. The table below shows the Moon position compared to the time and date above:
|Time||Longitude difference||Latitude difference||Total|
|1 minute||0° 14' 24.5"||15.75 mi||west||0° 00' 06.0"||0.12 mi||south||15.75 mi|
|1 hour||14° 24' 34.2"||944.54 mi||west||0° 05' 59.8"||6.87 mi||south||944.29 mi|
|24 hours||345° 30' 09.1"||950.30 mi||west||1° 47' 56.3"||123.74 mi||south||953.17 mi|
Locations with the moon near zenith
The following table shows 10 locations with moon near zenith position in the sky.
|Nadi *||Tue 9:34 AM||347 km||216 miles||188 nm||ENE|
|Lautoka *||Tue 9:34 AM||358 km||222 miles||193 nm||ENE|
|Suva *||Tue 9:34 AM||445 km||276 miles||240 nm||E|
|Levuka *||Tue 9:34 AM||497 km||309 miles||268 nm||ENE|
|Labasa *||Tue 9:34 AM||596 km||370 miles||322 nm||ENE|
|Port Vila||Tue 7:34 AM||635 km||395 miles||343 nm||W|
|Luganville||Tue 7:34 AM||828 km||515 miles||447 nm||WNW|
|Noumea||Tue 7:34 AM||907 km||564 miles||490 nm||WSW|
|Nukualofa||Tue 9:34 AM||1139 km||708 miles||615 nm||ESE|
|Funafuti||Tue 8:34 AM||1241 km||771 miles||670 nm||NNE|
- Seasons Calculator
- Moon Calculator – Find times for moonrise, moonset and more
- Moon Phase Calculator – Calculate moon phases for any year
- Sunrise Calculator – Find times for sunrise, sunset and more
Related time zone tools
- The World Clock – Current times around the world
- Personal World Clock – Shows just the cities you need
- Meeting Planner – Find a suitable time for an international meeting
- Time Zone Converter – If it is 3 pm in New York, what time is it in Sydney?
- Event Time Announcer/Fixed Time – Show local times worldwide for your event.