Moon Light World Map
The map below shows where the Moon is visible from the Earth, depending on weather conditions and moon phases.
The white dot symbolizes the position of the Moon, and the yellow sun symbolizes the position of the sun.
Change time and date
|< 4 weeks||4 weeks >||March equinox|
|< 1 day||1 day >||June solstice|
|< 12 hours||12 hours >||September equinox|
|< 6 hours||6 hours >||December solstice|
|< 1 hour||1 hour >||Now/Current time|
|< 10 minutes||10 minutes >|
- The bright part of the map shows where the moon is over the horizon on Monday, January 7, 2013 at 20:34:00 UTC.
- The Sun's position is marked with this symbol: . At this location, the Sun will be at its zenith (directly overhead) in relation to an observer.
- The Moon's position is marked with this symbol: . At this location, the Moon will be at its zenith in relation to an observer. Note that the symbol is not showing the current phase of the Moon.
Fraction of moon illuminated: 21%
|Previous phase||Third Quarter||Saturday, January 5, 2013 at 3:58 AM|
|Next phase||New Moon||Friday, January 11, 2013 at 7:44 PM|
Position of the Moon
On Monday, January 7, 2013 at 20:34:00 UTC the Moon is at its zenith at
The ground speed of the movement is currently 422.39 meters/second, 1520.6 km/hour, 944.9 miles/hour or 821.1 knots. The table below shows the Moon position compared to the time and date above:
|Time||Longitude difference||Latitude difference||Total|
|1 minute||0° 14' 24.5"||15.75 mi||west||0° 00' 06.0"||0.12 mi||south||15.75 mi|
|1 hour||14° 24' 34.1"||944.53 mi||west||0° 05' 59.6"||6.87 mi||south||944.28 mi|
|24 hours||345° 30' 07.2"||950.32 mi||west||1° 47' 52.8"||123.68 mi||south||953.19 mi|
Locations with the moon near zenith
The following table shows 10 locations with moon near zenith position in the sky.
|Nadi *||Tue 9:34 AM||375 km||233 miles||202 nm||ENE|
|Lautoka *||Tue 9:34 AM||385 km||239 miles||208 nm||ENE|
|Suva *||Tue 9:34 AM||473 km||294 miles||255 nm||E|
|Port Vila||Tue 7:34 AM||607 km||377 miles||328 nm||W|
|Luganville||Tue 7:34 AM||802 km||498 miles||433 nm||WNW|
|Noumea||Tue 7:34 AM||882 km||548 miles||476 nm||WSW|
|Nukualofa||Tue 9:34 AM||1166 km||725 miles||630 nm||ESE|
|Funafuti||Tue 8:34 AM||1254 km||779 miles||677 nm||NNE|
|Apia *||Tue 10:34 AM||1613 km||1002 miles||871 nm||ENE|
|Alofi||Mon 9:34 AM||1697 km||1055 miles||916 nm||E|
- Seasons Calculator
- Moon Calculator – Find times for moonrise, moonset and more
- Moon Phase Calculator – Calculate moon phases for any year
- Sunrise Calculator – Find times for sunrise, sunset and more
Related time zone tools
- The World Clock – Current times around the world
- Personal World Clock – Shows just the cities you need
- Meeting Planner – Find a suitable time for an international meeting
- Time Zone Converter – If it is 3 pm in New York, what time is it in Sydney?
- Event Time Announcer/Fixed Time – Show local times worldwide for your event.