Moon Light World Map
The map below shows where the Moon is visible from the Earth, depending on weather conditions and moon phases.
UTC time = Monday, January 7, 2013 at 11:26:00 PM.
= The Sun's position directly overhead (zenith) in relation to an observer.
= The Moon's position at its zenith in relation to an observer (Moon phase is not shown).
Fraction of moon illuminated: 20%
|Previous phase||Third Quarter||Saturday, January 5, 2013 at 3:59 AM|
|Next phase||New Moon||Friday, January 11, 2013 at 7:45 PM|
Position of the Moon
On Monday, January 7, 2013 at 23:26:00 UTC the Moon is at its zenith at
The ground speed of the movement is currently 421.58 meters/second, 1517.7 km/hour, 943.1 miles/hour or 819.5 knots. The table below shows the Moon position compared to the time and date above:
|Time||Longitude difference||Latitude difference||Total|
|1 minute||0° 14' 24.3"||15.72 mi||West||0° 00' 05.6"||0.11 mi||South||15.72 mi|
|1 hour||14° 24' 20.9"||942.73 mi||West||0° 05' 38.6"||6.47 mi||South||942.48 mi|
|24 hours||14° 34' 17.0"||953.56 mi||East||1° 38' 36.5"||113.05 mi||South||955.44 mi|
Locations with the moon near zenith
The following table shows 10 locations with moon near zenith position in the sky.
|Tennant Creek||Tue 8:56 AM||154 km||96 miles||83 nm||ESE|
|Alice Springs||Tue 8:56 AM||539 km||335 miles||291 nm||S|
|Darwin||Tue 8:56 AM||748 km||465 miles||404 nm||NNW|
|Cairns||Tue 9:26 AM||1377 km||856 miles||744 nm||E|
|Dili||Tue 8:26 AM||1395 km||867 miles||753 nm||NW|
|Eucla||Tue 8:11 AM||1471 km||914 miles||794 nm||SSW|
|Port Moresby||Tue 9:26 AM||1858 km||1155 miles||1003 nm||ENE|
|Adelaide *||Tue 9:56 AM||1860 km||1156 miles||1004 nm||SSE|
|Jayapura||Tue 8:26 AM||1999 km||1242 miles||1079 nm||NNE|
|Manokwari||Tue 8:26 AM||2000 km||1243 miles||1080 nm||N|
- Seasons Calculator
- Moon Calculator – Find times for moonrise, moonset and more
- Moon Phase Calculator – Calculate moon phases for any year
- Sunrise Calculator – Find times for sunrise, sunset and more
Related time zone tools
- The World Clock – Current times around the world
- Personal World Clock – Shows just the cities you need
- Meeting Planner – Find a suitable time for an international meeting
- Time Zone Converter – If it is 3 pm in New York, what time is it in Sydney?
- Event Time Announcer/Fixed Time – Show local times worldwide for your event.