Moon Light World Map
The map below shows where the Moon is visible from the Earth, depending on weather conditions and moon phases.
UTC time = Tuesday, January 8, 2013 at 12:26:00 AM.
= The Sun's position directly overhead (zenith) in relation to an observer.
= The Moon's position at its zenith in relation to an observer (Moon phase is not shown).
Fraction of moon illuminated: 20%
|Previous phase||Third Quarter||Saturday, January 5, 2013 at 3:59 AM|
|Next phase||New Moon||Friday, January 11, 2013 at 7:45 PM|
Position of the Moon
On Tuesday, January 8, 2013 at 00:26:00 UTC the Moon is at its zenith at
The ground speed of the movement is currently 421.31 meters/second, 1516.7 km/hour, 942.4 miles/hour or 819.0 knots. The table below shows the Moon position compared to the time and date above:
|Time||Longitude difference||Latitude difference||Total|
|1 minute||0° 14' 24.3"||15.71 mi||West||0° 00' 05.5"||0.11 mi||South||15.71 mi|
|1 hour||14° 24' 16.3"||942.11 mi||West||0° 05' 31.1"||6.33 mi||South||941.87 mi|
|24 hours||14° 35' 46.2"||954.64 mi||East||1° 35' 18.2"||109.26 mi||South||956.21 mi|
Locations with the moon near zenith
The following table shows 10 locations with moon near zenith position in the sky.
|Port Hedland||Tue 8:26 AM||144 km||90 miles||78 nm||S|
|Denpasar||Tue 8:26 AM||1200 km||746 miles||648 nm||NNW|
|Malang||Tue 7:26 AM||1377 km||856 miles||744 nm||NNW|
|Dili||Tue 9:26 AM||1384 km||860 miles||747 nm||NE|
|Surabaya||Tue 7:26 AM||1443 km||896 miles||779 nm||NNW|
|Perth||Tue 8:26 AM||1459 km||907 miles||788 nm||S|
|Darwin||Tue 9:56 AM||1504 km||934 miles||812 nm||ENE|
|Makassar||Tue 8:26 AM||1537 km||955 miles||830 nm||N|
|Alice Springs||Tue 9:56 AM||1673 km||1039 miles||903 nm||ESE|
|Eucla||Tue 9:11 AM||1746 km||1085 miles||943 nm||SE|
- Seasons Calculator
- Moon Calculator – Find times for moonrise, moonset and more
- Moon Phase Calculator/Calendar – Calculate moon phases for any year
- Sunrise Calculator – Find times for sunrise, sunset and more
Related Time Zone Tools
- The World Clock – Current times around the world
- Personal World Clock – Shows just the cities you need
- Meeting Planner – Find a suitable time for an international meeting
- Time Zone Converter – If it is 3 pm in New York, what time is it in Sydney?
- Event Time Announcer/Fixed Time – Show local times worldwide for your event.