Moon Light World Map
The map below shows where the Moon is visible from the Earth, depending on weather conditions and moon phases.
UTC time = Tuesday, January 8, 2013 at 1:26:00 AM.
= The Sun's position directly overhead (zenith) in relation to an observer.
= The Moon's position at its zenith in relation to an observer (Moon phase is not shown).
Fraction of moon illuminated: 20%
|Previous phase||Third Quarter||Saturday, January 5, 2013 at 3:59 AM|
|Next phase||New Moon||Friday, January 11, 2013 at 7:45 PM|
Position of the Moon
On Tuesday, January 8, 2013 at 01:26:00 UTC the Moon is at its zenith at
The ground speed of the movement is currently 421.04 meters/second, 1515.7 km/hour, 941.8 miles/hour or 818.4 knots. The table below shows the Moon position compared to the time and date above:
|Time||Longitude difference||Latitude difference||Total|
|1 minute||0° 14' 24.1"||15.70 mi||West||0° 00' 05.5"||0.10 mi||South||15.70 mi|
|1 hour||14° 24' 11.8"||941.51 mi||West||0° 05' 23.5"||6.18 mi||South||941.27 mi|
|24 hours||14° 37' 13.5"||955.69 mi||East||1° 31' 58.7"||105.45 mi||South||956.97 mi|
Locations with the moon near zenith
The following table shows 10 locations with moon near zenith position in the sky.
|The Settlement||Tue 8:26 AM||975 km||606 miles||526 nm||N|
|Bandung||Tue 8:26 AM||1399 km||869 miles||755 nm||NNE|
|Jakarta||Tue 8:26 AM||1463 km||909 miles||790 nm||NNE|
|Malang||Tue 8:26 AM||1536 km||954 miles||829 nm||NE|
|Surabaya||Tue 8:26 AM||1607 km||999 miles||868 nm||NE|
|Denpasar||Tue 9:26 AM||1663 km||1034 miles||898 nm||NE|
|Bengkulu||Tue 8:26 AM||1706 km||1060 miles||921 nm||N|
|Palembang||Tue 8:26 AM||1784 km||1108 miles||963 nm||N|
|Perth||Tue 9:26 AM||1845 km||1147 miles||996 nm||SE|
|Pontianak||Tue 8:26 AM||2185 km||1358 miles||1180 nm||NNE|
- Seasons Calculator
- Moon Calculator – Find times for moonrise, moonset and more
- Moon Phase Calculator – Calculate moon phases for any year
- Sunrise Calculator – Find times for sunrise, sunset and more
Related time zone tools
- The World Clock – Current times around the world
- Personal World Clock – Shows just the cities you need
- Meeting Planner – Find a suitable time for an international meeting
- Time Zone Converter – If it is 3 pm in New York, what time is it in Sydney?
- Event Time Announcer/Fixed Time – Show local times worldwide for your event.