Moon Light World Map
The map below shows where the Moon is visible from the Earth, depending on weather conditions and moon phases.
UTC time = Tuesday, January 8, 2013 at 11:26:00 AM.
= The Sun's position directly overhead (zenith) in relation to an observer.
= The Moon's position at its zenith in relation to an observer (Moon phase is not shown).
Fraction of moon illuminated: 16%
|Previous phase||Third Quarter||Saturday, January 5, 2013 at 3:59 AM|
|Next phase||New Moon||Friday, January 11, 2013 at 7:45 PM|
Position of the Moon
On Tuesday, January 8, 2013 at 11:26:00 UTC the Moon is at its zenith at
The ground speed of the movement is currently 418.63 meters/second, 1507.1 km/hour, 936.5 miles/hour or 813.8 knots. The table below shows the Moon position compared to the time and date above:
|Time||Longitude difference||Latitude difference||Total|
|1 minute||0° 14' 23.4"||15.61 mi||West||0° 00' 04.1"||0.08 mi||South||15.61 mi|
|1 hour||14° 23' 30.4"||936.12 mi||West||0° 04' 03.8"||4.66 mi||South||935.93 mi|
|24 hours||14° 49' 47.3"||964.59 mi||East||0° 57' 33.7"||66.00 mi||South||963.88 mi|
Locations with the moon near zenith
The following table shows 10 locations with moon near zenith position in the sky.
|Vitória *||Tue 9:26 AM||65 km||40 miles||35 nm||SW|
|Governador Valadares *||Tue 9:26 AM||249 km||155 miles||135 nm||WNW|
|Belo Horizonte *||Tue 9:26 AM||429 km||267 miles||232 nm||W|
|Petrópolis *||Tue 9:26 AM||451 km||280 miles||243 nm||SW|
|Niterói *||Tue 9:26 AM||473 km||294 miles||256 nm||SW|
|Rio de Janeiro *||Tue 9:26 AM||485 km||301 miles||262 nm||SW|
|Salvador||Tue 8:26 AM||779 km||484 miles||421 nm||N|
|São Paulo *||Tue 9:26 AM||810 km||503 miles||437 nm||WSW|
|Brasilia *||Tue 9:26 AM||965 km||600 miles||521 nm||WNW|
|Recife||Tue 8:26 AM||1415 km||879 miles||764 nm||NNE|
- Seasons Calculator
- Moon Calculator – Find times for moonrise, moonset and more
- Moon Phase Calculator – Calculate moon phases for any year
- Sunrise Calculator – Find times for sunrise, sunset and more
Related time zone tools
- The World Clock – Current times around the world
- Personal World Clock – Shows just the cities you need
- Meeting Planner – Find a suitable time for an international meeting
- Time Zone Converter – If it is 3 pm in New York, what time is it in Sydney?
- Event Time Announcer/Fixed Time – Show local times worldwide for your event.