Moon Light World Map
The map below shows where the Moon is visible from the Earth, depending on weather conditions and moon phases.
The white dot symbolizes the position of the Moon, and the yellow sun symbolizes the position of the sun.
Change time and date
|< 4 weeks||4 weeks >||March equinox|
|< 1 day||1 day >||June solstice|
|< 12 hours||12 hours >||September equinox|
|< 6 hours||6 hours >||December solstice|
|< 1 hour||1 hour >||Now/Current time|
|< 10 minutes||10 minutes >|
- The bright part of the map shows where the moon is over the horizon on Tuesday, January 8, 2013 at 22:08:00 UTC.
- The Sun's position is marked with this symbol: . At this location, the Sun will be at its zenith (directly overhead) in relation to an observer.
- The Moon's position is marked with this symbol: . At this location, the Moon will be at its zenith in relation to an observer. Note that the symbol is not showing the current phase of the Moon.
Fraction of moon illuminated: 12%
|Previous phase||Third Quarter||Saturday, January 5, 2013 at 3:59 AM|
|Next phase||New Moon||Friday, January 11, 2013 at 7:45 PM|
Position of the Moon
On Tuesday, January 8, 2013 at 22:08:00 UTC the Moon is at its zenith at
The ground speed of the movement is currently 416.73 meters/second, 1500.2 km/hour, 932.2 miles/hour or 810.1 knots. The table below shows the Moon position compared to the time and date above:
|Time||Longitude difference||Latitude difference||Total|
|1 minute||0° 14' 22.8"||15.54 mi||west||0° 00' 02.5"||0.05 mi||south||15.54 mi|
|1 hour||14° 22' 55.2"||931.88 mi||west||0° 02' 32.0"||2.90 mi||south||931.75 mi|
|24 hours||345° 01' 17.0"||970.51 mi||west||0° 18' 56.3"||21.71 mi||south||969.74 mi|
Locations with the moon near zenith
The following table shows 10 locations with moon near zenith position in the sky.
|Noumea||Wed 9:08 AM||197 km||122 miles||106 nm||S|
|Port Vila||Wed 9:08 AM||378 km||235 miles||204 nm||NE|
|Luganville||Wed 9:08 AM||561 km||349 miles||303 nm||N|
|Kingston||Wed 9:38 AM||963 km||598 miles||520 nm||S|
|Suva *||Wed 11:08 AM||1310 km||814 miles||707 nm||E|
|Honiara||Wed 9:08 AM||1397 km||868 miles||754 nm||NNW|
|Brisbane||Wed 8:08 AM||1546 km||961 miles||835 nm||WSW|
|Funafuti||Wed 10:08 AM||1927 km||1198 miles||1041 nm||NE|
|Nukualofa||Wed 11:08 AM||1935 km||1202 miles||1045 nm||E|
|Auckland *||Wed 11:08 AM||1993 km||1238 miles||1076 nm||SSE|
- Seasons Calculator
- Moon Calculator – Find times for moonrise, moonset and more
- Moon Phase Calculator – Calculate moon phases for any year
- Sunrise Calculator – Find times for sunrise, sunset and more
Related time zone tools
- The World Clock – Current times around the world
- Personal World Clock – Shows just the cities you need
- Meeting Planner – Find a suitable time for an international meeting
- Time Zone Converter – If it is 3 pm in New York, what time is it in Sydney?
- Event Time Announcer/Fixed Time – Show local times worldwide for your event.