Moon Light World Map
The map below shows where the Moon is visible from the Earth, depending on weather conditions and moon phases.
The white dot symbolizes the position of the Moon, and the yellow sun symbolizes the position of the sun.
Change time and date
|< 4 weeks||4 weeks >||March equinox|
|< 1 day||1 day >||June solstice|
|< 12 hours||12 hours >||September equinox|
|< 6 hours||6 hours >||December solstice|
|< 1 hour||1 hour >||Now/Current time|
|< 10 minutes||10 minutes >|
- The bright part of the map shows where the moon is over the horizon on Tuesday, January 8, 2013 at 22:08:00 UTC.
- The Sun's position is marked with this symbol: . At this location, the Sun will be at its zenith (directly overhead) in relation to an observer.
- The Moon's position is marked with this symbol: . At this location, the Moon will be at its zenith in relation to an observer. Note that the symbol is not showing the current phase of the Moon.
Fraction of moon illuminated: 12%
|Previous phase||Third Quarter||Saturday, January 5, 2013 at 3:58 AM|
|Next phase||New Moon||Friday, January 11, 2013 at 7:44 PM|
Position of the Moon
On Tuesday, January 8, 2013 at 22:08:00 UTC the Moon is at its zenith at
The ground speed of the movement is currently 416.73 meters/second, 1500.2 km/hour, 932.2 miles/hour or 810.1 knots. The table below shows the Moon position compared to the time and date above:
|Time||Longitude difference||Latitude difference||Total|
|1 minute||0° 14' 22.8"||15.54 mi||west||0° 00' 02.5"||0.05 mi||south||15.54 mi|
|1 hour||14° 22' 55.1"||931.87 mi||west||0° 02' 31.7"||2.90 mi||south||931.75 mi|
|24 hours||345° 01' 16.3"||970.51 mi||west||0° 18' 52.2"||21.64 mi||south||969.75 mi|
Locations with the moon near zenith
The following table shows 10 locations with moon near zenith position in the sky.
|Noumea||Wed 9:08 AM||202 km||126 miles||109 nm||SSE|
|Port Vila||Wed 9:08 AM||395 km||246 miles||214 nm||NE|
|Luganville||Wed 9:08 AM||567 km||353 miles||306 nm||NNE|
|Kingston||Wed 9:38 AM||968 km||602 miles||523 nm||SSE|
|Suva *||Wed 11:08 AM||1337 km||831 miles||722 nm||E|
|Honiara||Wed 9:08 AM||1384 km||860 miles||747 nm||NNW|
|Brisbane||Wed 8:08 AM||1523 km||946 miles||822 nm||WSW|
|Funafuti||Wed 10:08 AM||1948 km||1211 miles||1052 nm||NE|
|Nukualofa||Wed 11:08 AM||1963 km||1220 miles||1060 nm||E|
|Auckland *||Wed 11:08 AM||2004 km||1245 miles||1082 nm||SSE|
- Seasons Calculator
- Moon Calculator – Find times for moonrise, moonset and more
- Moon Phase Calculator – Calculate moon phases for any year
- Sunrise Calculator – Find times for sunrise, sunset and more
Related time zone tools
- The World Clock – Current times around the world
- Personal World Clock – Shows just the cities you need
- Meeting Planner – Find a suitable time for an international meeting
- Time Zone Converter – If it is 3 pm in New York, what time is it in Sydney?
- Event Time Announcer/Fixed Time – Show local times worldwide for your event.