Moon Light World Map
The map below shows where the Moon is visible from the Earth, depending on weather conditions and moon phases.
UTC time = Wednesday, January 9, 2013 at 8:42:00 PM.
= The Sun's position directly overhead (zenith) in relation to an observer.
= The Moon's position at its zenith in relation to an observer (Moon phase is not shown).
Fraction of moon illuminated: 6%
|Previous phase||Third Quarter||Saturday, January 5, 2013 at 3:59 AM|
|Next phase||New Moon||Friday, January 11, 2013 at 7:45 PM|
Position of the Moon
On Wednesday, January 9, 2013 at 20:42:00 UTC the Moon is at its zenith at
The ground speed of the movement is currently 415.52 meters/second, 1495.9 km/hour, 929.5 miles/hour or 807.7 knots. The table below shows the Moon position compared to the time and date above:
|Time||Longitude difference||Latitude difference||Total|
|1 minute||0° 14' 22.3"||15.49 mi||West||0° 00' 00.8"||0.02 mi||North||15.49 mi|
|1 hour||14° 22' 21.0"||929.19 mi||West||0° 00' 55.0"||1.05 mi||North||929.24 mi|
|24 hours||15° 00' 01.8"||969.76 mi||East||1° 04' 21.0"||73.78 mi||North||975.94 mi|
Locations with the moon near zenith
The following table shows 10 locations with moon near zenith position in the sky.
|Rarotonga||Wed 10:42 AM||169 km||105 miles||91 nm||WSW|
|Vaitape (Bora Bora)||Wed 10:42 AM||833 km||518 miles||450 nm||NE|
|Papeete||Wed 10:42 AM||980 km||609 miles||529 nm||ENE|
|Alofi||Wed 9:42 AM||1241 km||771 miles||670 nm||W|
|Apia *||Thu 10:42 AM||1636 km||1016 miles||883 nm||WNW|
|Nukualofa||Thu 9:42 AM||1766 km||1097 miles||954 nm||W|
|Fakaofo||Thu 9:42 AM||1886 km||1172 miles||1018 nm||NW|
|Suva *||Thu 9:42 AM||2469 km||1534 miles||1333 nm||W|
|Kiritimati||Thu 10:42 AM||2514 km||1562 miles||1357 nm||N|
|Funafuti||Thu 8:42 AM||2784 km||1730 miles||1503 nm||WNW|
- Seasons Calculator
- Moon Calculator – Find times for moonrise, moonset and more
- Moon Phase Calculator/Calendar – Calculate moon phases for any year
- Sunrise Calculator – Find times for sunrise, sunset and more
Related Time Zone Tools
- The World Clock – Current times around the world
- Personal World Clock – Shows just the cities you need
- Meeting Planner – Find a suitable time for an international meeting
- Time Zone Converter – If it is 3 pm in New York, what time is it in Sydney?
- Event Time Announcer/Fixed Time – Show local times worldwide for your event.