Moon Light World Map
The map below shows where the Moon is visible from the Earth, depending on weather conditions and moon phases.
UTC time = Wednesday, January 9, 2013 at 9:46:00 PM.
= The Sun's position directly overhead (zenith) in relation to an observer.
= The Moon's position at its zenith in relation to an observer (Moon phase is not shown).
Fraction of moon illuminated: 5%
|Previous phase||Third Quarter||Saturday, January 5, 2013 at 3:59 AM|
|Next phase||New Moon||Friday, January 11, 2013 at 7:45 PM|
Position of the Moon
On Wednesday, January 9, 2013 at 21:46:00 UTC the Moon is at its zenith at
The ground speed of the movement is currently 415.57 meters/second, 1496.0 km/hour, 929.6 miles/hour or 807.8 knots. The table below shows the Moon position compared to the time and date above:
|Time||Longitude difference||Latitude difference||Total|
|1 minute||0° 14' 22.3"||15.49 mi||West||0° 00' 01.0"||0.02 mi||North||15.49 mi|
|1 hour||14° 22' 20.9"||929.29 mi||West||0° 01' 04.9"||1.24 mi||North||929.35 mi|
|24 hours||14° 59' 29.5"||969.29 mi||East||1° 08' 13.4"||78.22 mi||North||976.01 mi|
Locations with the moon near zenith
The following table shows 10 locations with moon near zenith position in the sky.
|Pangai||Thu 10:46 AM||141 km||87 miles||76 nm||NW|
|Nukualofa||Thu 10:46 AM||176 km||109 miles||95 nm||WSW|
|Neiafu||Thu 10:46 AM||245 km||152 miles||132 nm||N|
|Alofi||Wed 10:46 AM||427 km||265 miles||231 nm||ENE|
|Pago Pago||Wed 10:46 AM||786 km||488 miles||424 nm||NNE|
|Apia *||Thu 11:46 AM||796 km||495 miles||430 nm||NNE|
|Salelologa (Savai'i) *||Thu 11:46 AM||797 km||495 miles||430 nm||N|
|Labasa *||Thu 10:46 AM||892 km||554 miles||482 nm||WNW|
|Suva *||Thu 10:46 AM||894 km||556 miles||483 nm||WNW|
|Nadi *||Thu 10:46 AM||1007 km||626 miles||544 nm||WNW|
- Seasons Calculator
- Moon Calculator – Find times for moonrise, moonset and more
- Moon Phase Calculator – Calculate moon phases for any year
- Sunrise Calculator – Find times for sunrise, sunset and more
Related time zone tools
- The World Clock – Current times around the world
- Personal World Clock – Shows just the cities you need
- Meeting Planner – Find a suitable time for an international meeting
- Time Zone Converter – If it is 3 pm in New York, what time is it in Sydney?
- Event Time Announcer/Fixed Time – Show local times worldwide for your event.