Moon Light World Map
The map below shows where the Moon is visible from the Earth, depending on weather conditions and moon phases.
UTC time = Thursday, January 10, 2013 at 2:42:00 AM.
= The Sun's position directly overhead (zenith) in relation to an observer.
= The Moon's position at its zenith in relation to an observer (Moon phase is not shown).
Fraction of moon illuminated: 4%
|Previous phase||Third Quarter||Saturday, January 5, 2013 at 3:59 AM|
|Next phase||New Moon||Friday, January 11, 2013 at 7:45 PM|
Position of the Moon
On Thursday, January 10, 2013 at 02:42:00 UTC the Moon is at its zenith at
The ground speed of the movement is currently 415.89 meters/second, 1497.2 km/hour, 930.3 miles/hour or 808.4 knots. The table below shows the Moon position compared to the time and date above:
|Time||Longitude difference||Latitude difference||Total|
|1 minute||0° 14' 22.3"||15.51 mi||West||0° 00' 01.8"||0.03 mi||North||15.51 mi|
|1 hour||14° 22' 22.1"||930.01 mi||West||0° 01' 50.9"||2.12 mi||North||930.11 mi|
|24 hours||14° 56' 19.1"||966.60 mi||East||1° 25' 57.2"||98.54 mi||North||976.04 mi|
Locations with the moon near zenith
The following table shows 10 locations with moon near zenith position in the sky.
|Karratha||Thu 10:42 AM||134 km||84 miles||73 nm||E|
|Perth||Thu 10:42 AM||1246 km||774 miles||673 nm||S|
|Denpasar||Thu 10:42 AM||1335 km||829 miles||721 nm||N|
|Malang||Thu 9:42 AM||1444 km||897 miles||780 nm||NNW|
|Surabaya||Thu 9:42 AM||1518 km||943 miles||820 nm||NNW|
|Dili||Thu 11:42 AM||1723 km||1071 miles||930 nm||NE|
|Bandung||Thu 9:42 AM||1750 km||1087 miles||945 nm||NNW|
|Makassar||Thu 10:42 AM||1773 km||1101 miles||957 nm||NNE|
|Eucla||Thu 11:27 AM||1800 km||1119 miles||972 nm||SE|
|Darwin||Thu 12:12 PM||1867 km||1160 miles||1008 nm||ENE|
- Seasons Calculator
- Moon Calculator – Find times for moonrise, moonset and more
- Moon Phase Calculator/Calendar – Calculate moon phases for any year
- Sunrise Calculator – Find times for sunrise, sunset and more
Related Time Zone Tools
- The World Clock – Current times around the world
- Personal World Clock – Shows just the cities you need
- Meeting Planner – Find a suitable time for an international meeting
- Time Zone Converter – If it is 3 pm in New York, what time is it in Sydney?
- Event Time Announcer/Fixed Time – Show local times worldwide for your event.