Moon Light World Map
The map below shows where the Moon is visible from the Earth, depending on weather conditions and moon phases.
UTC time = Thursday, January 10, 2013 at 7:42:00 AM.
= The Sun's position directly overhead (zenith) in relation to an observer.
= The Moon's position at its zenith in relation to an observer (Moon phase is not shown).
Fraction of moon illuminated: 3%
|Previous phase||Third Quarter||Saturday, January 5, 2013 at 3:59 AM|
|Next phase||New Moon||Friday, January 11, 2013 at 7:45 PM|
Position of the Moon
On Thursday, January 10, 2013 at 07:42:00 UTC the Moon is at its zenith at
The ground speed of the movement is currently 416.41 meters/second, 1499.1 km/hour, 931.5 miles/hour or 809.4 knots. The table below shows the Moon position compared to the time and date above:
|Time||Longitude difference||Latitude difference||Total|
|1 minute||0° 14' 22.3"||15.52 mi||West||0° 00' 02.5"||0.05 mi||North||15.52 mi|
|1 hour||14° 22' 26.5"||931.19 mi||West||0° 02' 37.0"||3.00 mi||North||931.33 mi|
|24 hours||14° 52' 00.7"||963.09 mi||East||1° 43' 31.3"||118.68 mi||North||975.61 mi|
Locations with the moon near zenith
The following table shows 10 locations with moon near zenith position in the sky.
|Toliara||Thu 10:42 AM||312 km||194 miles||169 nm||S|
|Antsirabe||Thu 10:42 AM||357 km||222 miles||193 nm||ENE|
|Fianarantsoa||Thu 10:42 AM||368 km||228 miles||198 nm||ESE|
|Antananarivo||Thu 10:42 AM||440 km||274 miles||238 nm||ENE|
|Mahajanga||Thu 10:42 AM||600 km||373 miles||324 nm||NNE|
|Toamasina||Thu 10:42 AM||656 km||407 miles||354 nm||ENE|
|Nampula||Thu 9:42 AM||761 km||473 miles||411 nm||NW|
|Mamoutzou||Thu 10:42 AM||873 km||543 miles||472 nm||N|
|Fomboni||Thu 10:42 AM||913 km||567 miles||493 nm||N|
|Beira||Thu 9:42 AM||929 km||577 miles||501 nm||W|
- Seasons Calculator
- Moon Calculator – Find times for moonrise, moonset and more
- Moon Phase Calculator – Calculate moon phases for any year
- Sunrise Calculator – Find times for sunrise, sunset and more
Related time zone tools
- The World Clock – Current times around the world
- Personal World Clock – Shows just the cities you need
- Meeting Planner – Find a suitable time for an international meeting
- Time Zone Converter – If it is 3 pm in New York, what time is it in Sydney?
- Event Time Announcer/Fixed Time – Show local times worldwide for your event.