Moon Light World Map
The map below shows where the Moon is visible from the Earth, depending on weather conditions and moon phases.
UTC time = Thursday, January 10, 2013 at 7:44:00 AM.
= The Sun's position directly overhead (zenith) in relation to an observer.
= The Moon's position at its zenith in relation to an observer (Moon phase is not shown).
Fraction of moon illuminated: 3%
|Previous phase||Third Quarter||Saturday, January 5, 2013 at 3:59 AM|
|Next phase||New Moon||Friday, January 11, 2013 at 7:45 PM|
Position of the Moon
On Thursday, January 10, 2013 at 07:44:00 UTC the Moon is at its zenith at
The ground speed of the movement is currently 416.41 meters/second, 1499.1 km/hour, 931.5 miles/hour or 809.4 knots. The table below shows the Moon position compared to the time and date above:
|Time||Longitude difference||Latitude difference||Total|
|1 minute||0° 14' 22.3"||15.52 mi||West||0° 00' 02.5"||0.05 mi||North||15.52 mi|
|1 hour||14° 22' 26.5"||931.20 mi||West||0° 02' 37.3"||3.01 mi||North||931.33 mi|
|24 hours||14° 51' 58.8"||963.07 mi||East||1° 43' 38.3"||118.81 mi||North||975.60 mi|
Locations with the moon near zenith
The following table shows 10 locations with moon near zenith position in the sky.
|Toliara||Thu 10:44 AM||316 km||196 miles||171 nm||S|
|Antsirabe||Thu 10:44 AM||406 km||252 miles||219 nm||E|
|Fianarantsoa||Thu 10:44 AM||416 km||258 miles||224 nm||ESE|
|Antananarivo||Thu 10:44 AM||487 km||302 miles||263 nm||ENE|
|Mahajanga||Thu 10:44 AM||625 km||388 miles||337 nm||NNE|
|Toamasina||Thu 10:44 AM||702 km||436 miles||379 nm||ENE|
|Nampula||Thu 9:44 AM||731 km||454 miles||395 nm||NW|
|Beira||Thu 9:44 AM||879 km||546 miles||474 nm||W|
|Mamoutzou||Thu 10:44 AM||884 km||549 miles||477 nm||NNE|
|Pemba||Thu 9:44 AM||885 km||550 miles||478 nm||NNW|
- Seasons Calculator
- Moon Calculator – Find times for moonrise, moonset and more
- Moon Phase Calculator/Calendar – Calculate moon phases for any year
- Sunrise Calculator – Find times for sunrise, sunset and more
Related Time Zone Tools
- The World Clock – Current times around the world
- Personal World Clock – Shows just the cities you need
- Meeting Planner – Find a suitable time for an international meeting
- Time Zone Converter – If it is 3 pm in New York, what time is it in Sydney?
- Event Time Announcer/Fixed Time – Show local times worldwide for your event.